Were can i find stats on RB engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC10GT-GUY

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Were can i find stats on RB engines? I have looked at the site it didnt tell much... anyone know where to find the H.P. and rpms???

from what I'm told and what I've found they don't release their stats. Their name and racing stats speak for their performance.

Originally posted by RC10GT-GUY
Were can i find stats on RB engines? I have looked at the site it didnt tell much... anyone know where to find the H.P. and rpms???

RB does not release them and they don't mean anything anyway! There is no standard for testing Nitro engines so the "stats" we see in the Mags are what ever the company wants to put there for marketing! RB is one of the best engines out there with or without "Stats"!:winnar:

There are dynos... I know RB makes high profermance engines... And its kinda good to know the hp and rpms to figure out how the car will react to the power....

Horsepower, Torque, and Other RPM Numbers

Horsepower (Hp) is the power output of an engine or a motor. Most model engine manufacturers give the maximum, or peak, horsepower rating of their engines as one of their selling points. Horsepower is a calculated number. This number is calculated from the engine's torque and the RPM (revolutions per minute—also note that RPM is already a plural. RPM's is incorrect) at that torque. Torque is the actual twisting force on a shaft, and can be measured with a dynamometer, or "dyno".

When an engine is put into a dyno for testing, a calibrated load is put on the engine. This is usually some kind of weight. The engine is run at full throttle, and the RPM is measured. Different loads are put upon the engine, and the RPM is measured each time. With enough measurements, a torque versus RPM curve can be plotted.

At each point, the horsepower can be calculated. The formula is:

Hp = (Torque x RPM) / 5252

This is when torque is measured in foot-pounds. If the torque is measured in inch-pounds, then the formula is:

Hp = (Torque x RPM) / 63,025

(Fractions and some rounding are ignored in the above formulas.)

A curve with horsepower plotted against RPM will then show where the peak horsepower happens. Unfortunately, this can be misleading. The only time peak horsepower is needed, or desired, is in a racing installation, where every bit of power you can squeeze out of the engine is needed. For most applications, peak torque is needed. After all, it's torque that is the force that turns the shaft. Peak torque almost always occurs at a much lower RPM than the peak horsepower.

Thats not true... Its only true when you gear it in a high gear... According to your theary in you put in a direct connection to a axle and you barrley throtled it, it would have high torque. You would get more torque when you open it all the way.

Originally posted by RC10GT-GUY
Thats not true... Its only true when you gear it in a high gear... According to your theary in you put in a direct connection to a axle and you barrley throtled it, it would have high torque. You would get more torque when you open it all the way.

Actually not really! You'll never find a car with high torque at a high rpm, the highest torque level is usually when the engine is at a lower rpm.

I think you misunderstood the post. I never said peak torque was achieved at the lowest RPM. I agree with you, you wouldn't necessarily get peak torque by just blipping the throttle. But again, peak torque almost always comes before peak RPM.
If peak torque was achieved at peak RPM two things would happen. 1) that engine would have a very short life-span if you wanted to run in that peak torque band and 2) on most tracks where you almost never get to run at peak RPM for very long, you'd never be able to benefit from peak torque, i.e., coming off the corners where you'd need peak torque and you would need it quickly. Think about it. Peak torque is what is going to get you moving and moving quickly. Wouldn't you want to reach that peak torque as quickly as possible ? Building RPM takes time. Give me an engine that developes peak torque at a low RPM. Not to argue with you bro, but I stand correct.

Originally posted by militarymaxx
I think you misunderstood the post. I never said peak torque was achieved at the lowest RPM. I agree with you, you wouldn't necessarily get peak torque by just blipping the throttle. But again, peak torque almost always comes before peak RPM.
If peak torque was achieved at peak RPM two things would happen. 1) that engine would have a very short life-span if you wanted to run in that peak torque band and 2) on most tracks where you almost never get to run at peak RPM for very long, you'd never be able to benefit from peak torque, i.e., coming off the corners where you'd need peak torque and you would need it quickly. Think about it. Peak torque is what is going to get you moving and moving quickly. Wouldn't you want to reach that peak torque as quickly as possible ? Building RPM takes time. Give me an engine that developes peak torque at a low RPM. Not to argue with you bro, but I stand correct.

Not sure if you were talking to me or to RC10 guy. I agree with your orininal post I was disagreeing with his post.

Sorry bro, yes I was disagreeing with RC10GT-GUY. I saw that you agreed with me. I think overall it might just have been a misunderstanding. Sometimes these things can be confusing.
Again, sorry if I poked you in the eye by accident. Thanks for your support.

All I wana know is, Does my lawnmower really have 5.5 HP? Did they dyno it? hmmmm