were are the picco.26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imnotsure

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
where are the picco.26

just like the subject where can i get a picco .26 ?

Last edited:
I did there out of stock.

I know but that is the place that is getting the most recent shipment. I'm telling you-EVERYONE wants one of these. Someone on here bought one recently. Make that a couple own these. Ask Christian I believe he has one.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

i haven't found any shops on the net that have them in stock at the moment, have 1 in backorder from tower myself, can't find them anywhere in Europe even tough the are made in Italy, think they ship them all to US because the RC market is larger there.

(ok it’s still cheaper for me to buy the stuff from us, then to buy it here in denmark unfortunately)

The picco is a bigger engine and it looks much better :smart:

ok lets break out the specs anyone know them.

I orderred mine through my LHS and I'm still waiting......

:sleeping:

i know the spec for the .26 but what is the spec for the hyper and are they true.

http://ofna.com/engines.html

Honestly I don’t know anything about how the measure the spec rpm and hp
So can’t comment on them

By the way Christian some days ago you said you have read a lot info for the picco, and to disassemble the cab and clear up the rubber gaskets before running the engine, do you have any links or so to where you read it ?? :) (would like to have some more on the engine when I get one, then what I already got)

ok .26 2.7 37,000 rpm
.21 2.5 38,000 rpm
i'm not sure how this works but looks like with less hp you can reach higher rpm on the .21

Form what I learned about hp it normally the more pistons a engine got the bigger is the hp so mathematically it should just be the bigger / more piston(s) an engine have the higher is the hp.
And yes the higher rpm the higher top speed.
All this is theoretic, in real life it can be a lot different

In real life I'm reading that the Picco kicks the 8 ports ass! But they BOTH are rockin engines!!!!

As far as what I read, it was at MaxxTraxx. Under the Savage forum. Bottom line is this, when you get a brand new mill, it is a VERY good idea to take off the carb, inspect it thoroughly and pull your needles and make sure those are all good to go too. I talked to a bunch of old time airplane RC pilots at the LHS and they say this is what they do every time they get a mill. For good reason too. All it takes is one little piece of excess rubber from a gasket to make the break-in process hell if not impossible.

Hope this helps.

will somebody change this forum to where do i find picco .26 or do i really want one?

Last edited:
I can have my LHS add one to their order if that helps. And just let you know when it comes in.

Otherwise, I dont think you will find them in stock anywhere.

just kidding. the reason i'm asking all these questions is i have an osrg that is 1.9 @30000rpm and if you've seen my truck that's in my gallery, it's heavy. i'm wondering if the .26 will pull the wheels off the line or is it just top end? by the way, the answer i'm looking for is if the rg is 1.9 @30000 what is the hp @ 35000? this is what i'm trying to figure out. don't get me wrong, the rg will pull the tires off the ground but not like it did at the stock weight.

The field reports talk about the Picco having more in the lower end of the powerband than the OFNA 8 Port. And dancing circles around most other .21's on the top end as well. This was in the Savage.