Went through my past amazon orders and added up all of the parts and the total is...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Went through my past amazon orders. Added all of the parts me and my dad bought in the past year or so. Here is our total: $709.1. Some of the parts wasn't on our past orders list so for some I just did and estimate. I say that this is a good amount just for parts within the past year. Compared to Mark santa maria(an rc youtuber i watch) with all of the cars he has he spent way more money than me and my dad.

Last edited:
Went through my past amazon orders. Added all of the parts me and my dad bought in the past year or so. Here is our total: $709.1. Some of the parts wasn't on our past orders list so for some I just did and estimate. I say that this is a good amount just for parts within the past year. Compared to Mark santa maria(an rc youtuber i watch) with all of the cars he has he spent way more money than me and my dad.
Yeah the hobby definitely takes a toll on the wallet. $709 for the yr. That's not bad at all.. good job. Now you can make it a goal to try and beat it. As to not crash as much next yr😉🤣🤣. And not buy as many parts over the next yr. I personally would be afraid to know how much I spent over the past yr. I'm definitely over $1,000. If not over 2,000...👍👍 you got to love the hobby...

Yeah the hobby definitely takes a toll on the wallet. $709 for the yr. That's not bad at all.. good job. Now you can make it a goal to try and beat it. As to not crash as much next yr😉🤣🤣. And not buy as many parts over the next yr. I personally would be afraid to know how much I spent over the past yr. I'm definitely over $1,000. If not over 2,000...👍👍 you got to love the hobby...
All of the crashing the rustler things are my dad. He bought the car so technically it is his but he is not allowed to drive it. And that is a brushed xl-5 system. See him with the rustler when I convert it to vxl. When and if I convert it to vxl, he is not allowed to drive it at all. He crashed into the curb once and broke the steering link and a steering block. He also ran into one of the poles for the net in my schools tennis court and I think that broke the stock plastic bellcrank.

All of the crashing the rustler things are my dad. He bought the car so technically it is his but he is not allowed to drive it. And that is a brushed xl-5 system. See him with the rustler when I convert it to vxl. When and if I convert it to vxl, he is not allowed to drive it at all. He crashed into the curb once and broke the steering link and a steering block. He also ran into one of the poles for the net in my schools tennis court and I think that broke the stock plastic bellcrank.
Oh I'm sure. I remember the curb.. yeah I would say dad needs a big field. Or a baseball, football, soccer field to drive in for now on.👍👍🤣🤣🤣. Just be careful he has to pay for the Parts. I would let him drive it atleast once.. or just due more chores.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍

I know for a fact I've thrown some bucks around just in the last few weeks. I have a very supportive wife who totally understands what this hobby does for me.
@DavidB1126 think of it as a good thing, it sure beats the hell out of sitting on a bar stool....:p

It's much better to spend the money on the hobby. Or something that your passionate about. Then to spend it on something that's not there the next day..
Screenshot_20211008-225522_Chrome.jpg

I really don't want to add up everything I've bought in this short period of time 🤣🤣. I'm sure I'll be over $700 before the years end, excluding the losi I bought on Amazon 🤣

After looking at what I've spent on RCs just at Amazon for the last 30 days I'm not even gonna look at Tower Hobbies, Amain, Horizon Hobbies, Savox, Hobbyking, ebay, or any of the websites where I've just made one off purchases. I'm afraid Ill get sticker shock. No wonder I can't seem to save any money 🤣

After looking at what I've spent on RCs just at Amazon for the last 30 days I'm not even gonna look at Tower Hobbies, Amain, Horizon Hobbies, Savox, Hobbyking, ebay, or any of the websites where I've just made one off purchases. I'm afraid Ill get sticker shock. No wonder I can't seem to save any money 🤣

Aa long as you're enjoying yourself, that's what matters lol.

Agree with above statement. It's all about haven fun. And keeping the kid like wonder and the cool aid smile on your face😁..Plus you get one life.. and if I don't spend the money the wife and kid will. So I might as well spend it before they do. There not just little toy cars to me. The RC hobby is my therapy and passion. And escape from this Fu*ked up world / reality we all live in...👍👍👍😁😁😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-224317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-224317_Chrome.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20211009-195554_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-195554_Gallery.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211006-182214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-182214_Chrome.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 19
I'm terrified to add up the past year...I know that a couple of months spent over 1k, and surely a couple of hundred most months. I put myself on a budget last month, though "theoretically" I shouldn't be spending nearly as much because the projects I've been working on are all near completion.

Back