Went Elk hunting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insaneatvs

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My brother talked me into doin some Elk hunting this year, So we got drawn for unit 6A, we went to Mormon lake, beautiful country. Now this is my first time Elk hunting, having never seen a elk in person in the woods, opening morning saw 4 of the biggest mule deer i have ever seen, then we went to another area and called them in, as i was walking through the woods my brother and his wife went to the left and over a hill and then i heard a Bull Elk Bugle for the first time and WOW. so i walked towards the sounds and as i went over the hill, there was a heard of elk and it took me by total surpise......and missed. kicking myself, we headed back to the truck. We went back to my toyhauler and ate some lunch went back to the lake bed hiked out into the lake 3 mile, mud and water up to our cafes. got into a heard of 25 Elk they then started to walk off and we knew we couldnt get any closer so we left and as we were almost to the truck a few more jumped up and i shot my first ever elk....328 yards right at 600lbs per Wilcox meat packing.as we were packing mine out the heard that was in the lake came right to us and my brother and my sister-n-law got one as well. I'm so happy to get one, but its alot of work after you pull that trigger. i shot mine @ 3:50 friday after noon and we didnt get her packed out to the turck until 12:30am

1617.jpg

1616.jpg

Nice kill! I would love to go on an Elk hunt one day.

Marinate one elk steak for 24 hours. Grill to your liking, slice into strips (like fajita) the serve over penne pasta with alfrado sauce. That's my standby recipe for nearly any large animal from caribou to oryx. So damn good and so easy.

Thats a nice elk? Me and my dad are going small gaming this month. I'm going to kill myself a nice Thanksgiving turk!