Went Crawling at Oak Point

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I went out crawling at Oak Point located at Folsom Lake, CA it was a blast and I finaly remembered the camera, here are some pics of the days action enjoy.:D I added 2 small videos in my last post scroll down to view.

P1040748Medium.jpg

P1040746Medium.jpg

P1040743Medium.jpg

P1040741Medium.jpg

P1040740Medium.jpg

P1040739Medium.jpg

P1040737Medium.jpg

P1040736Medium.jpg

P1040735Medium.jpg

P1040731Medium.jpg

P1040727Medium.jpg

P1040726Medium.jpg

P1040725Medium.jpg

P1040724Medium.jpg

P1040723Medium.jpg

And there you go, The other all white AX10 belongs to a guy I met last time I was out, I was running circles around him on almost avery thing we crawled, but mine is set up a little better, except for the fact that he has Losi Crawler Shocks but they didn't seem to help him. his truck was so loose that it was like a wet noodle, LOL but we both had a good time...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
That 3rd picture is pretty good, even thought it was your friend.

That 3rd picture is pretty good, even thought it was your friend.

The next to the last pic is me doing the same climb from a different angle.

Also I have some video but can't seem to figure out how to make it small enough to upload and it is in Quicktime G3 format.:angry:

Last edited:
I am digging it, Curtis! Nice pics!

Any chance you can post the components that went into the ARTR? I still don't know which crawler to get and your info will go a long way to helping me decide on what I want to to. Thanks, buddy!

I am digging it, Curtis! Nice pics!

Any chance you can post the components that went into the ARTR? I still don't know which crawler to get and your info will go a long way to helping me decide on what I want to to. Thanks, buddy!

Here you go this is my list to date.

Axail AX10 Crawler

Changes Made:
Mods:
Added stick on weights to F/R wheels.7.5 oz in front/3.5oz in rear per wheel.
Counter Sunk Screws on the front side
of the front axle to get more steering.
Added 10mm spacer inside of shocks
to lower ride height to 2 13/16 inches.
Flipped the transmission around.
Moved the body as low as posible
Removed stock battery tray.

Upgrades:
Losi Rock Claw tires.
MIP C Spline Drive Shafts
MIP CVD front axles.
Axail Soft Springs in front.
Black 30 degree lower bent links F/R
EEM Dual Reverse Triangulation Delrin Skid
TCS Delrin 4 Link Plates F/R.
TCS Delrin saddle pack axle battery mounts.
TCS upper link plates F/R.
Screws replaced with hex screws.

Electronics:
Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC
Cheap Battery Packs
1500mah NiMh 6 cell saddle Pack Batteries
Integy 55t motor

Still to come are a dig and a new body.
A Castle Creations BEC
And will be going to 8 cell saddle packs for a little more get up and go when it is needed.

I hope this helps.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Man looks like lots of fun....I need to do some work on mine and get my ass out and find a good crawling spot

Quality is not great and it is hard to drive and record video at the same time but enjoy any way.

[ame=http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn124/abadk9420/?action=view&current=Untitled2.flv]
th_Untitled2.jpg
[/ame]
[ame=http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn124/abadk9420/?action=view&current=Untitled1.flv]
th_Untitled1.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:
Great Video's....I see how your crawler worked so well vs. his

Great vid/pics Curtis!!! looks like a good spot!!!

Look like too much fun! Thanks for shaing.

Thats an awesome spot for crawling! I like how every time he couldn't make it over something you came right behind him and made it look easy :stick:

Thats an awesome spot for crawling! I like how every time he couldn't make it over something you came right behind him and made it look easy :stick:

Ya he definetly needs to work on his set up, LOL!!!! He is really new to crawling and he just through on a Grapler body, Proline Wheels, and some Losi Crawler Shocks, other then that his rig is a stock AX10 ARTR.

Looks like a good time for sure. Nice video work considering you were driving too.

Looks like you had a good time. I really like those wheels.

Amazing. Some really great pics there.
Thanks Rolex that means a lot coming from you, personaly I would have liked to have gotten some better shots and video, but it is hard to do that and drive at the same time...:\

Looks like a blast, nice lookin rig !
Thanks I am likeing it to, it is getting there, but there is still a few things that I want to do to it...:D

Back