Well Darn.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone! Remember me?
I haven't done hardly any r/c stuff since starting my 1:1 Mustang project with my a son a couple of years ago. However, I was sitting here at my computer yesterday/last night, too cold to go out side so I thoughts to my self "self,why not order some parts and get the Savage on the road again?" Myself answers and says "yeah,that's a darn good idea!. We are supposed to have snow and long winter this year":)

So I'm thinking this gonna happen and I go to order some parts. All I need is a couple of bulletproof diff gear sets and a new rx battery. I was surprised when I could not find any diff gears in stock ANYWHERE!! Then I starts to look at other items and find there isn't much support for the ole' Savage anymore, didn't even find many options for a new shell. What the heck is up with that? Has r/c fallen down that much over the last year or two?:confused:

Then there is my second issue with this idea. Fuel!!! I have brand new bottle of Losi Nitrotane but when I thought about it, I purchased it when my Mom was in the nursing home in Springfield. My Mom passed away almost 6 years ago!!! And Joplin does not have an r/c shop anymore.

Well DARN....... :cry:

Yeah, HPI kind of died and was bought by someone else. Supposedly, they are starting to get parts out again for the savage. I've seen a few diffs on ebay and ordered myself a spare full BP diff as well as a pinion to have on hand. I ended up getting a t-maxx 3.3 body for my savage flux. Should fit fine with some new body mount holes.

I got my bp diffs from lumidave on eBay. Look for savage flux diffs and pinions. Or if you are desperate CEN diffs will work with some minor mods.

Hey everyone! Remember me?
I haven't done hardly any r/c stuff since starting my 1:1 Mustang project with my a son a couple of years ago. However, I was sitting here at my computer yesterday/last night, too cold to go out side so I thoughts to my self "self,why not order some parts and get the Savage on the road again?" Myself answers and says "yeah,that's a darn good idea!. We are supposed to have snow and long winter this year":)

So I'm thinking this gonna happen and I go to order some parts. All I need is a couple of bulletproof diff gear sets and a new rx battery. I was surprised when I could not find any diff gears in stock ANYWHERE!! Then I starts to look at other items and find there isn't much support for the ole' Savage anymore, didn't even find many options for a new shell. What the heck is up with that? Has r/c fallen down that much over the last year or two?:confused:

Then there is my second issue with this idea. Fuel!!! I have brand new bottle of Losi Nitrotane but when I thought about it, I purchased it when my Mom was in the nursing home in Springfield. My Mom passed away almost 6 years ago!!! And Joplin does not have an r/c shop anymore.

Well DARN....... :cry:
Hey don't frown I was looking online yesterday and the sav x 4.6 is back in stock at rc planet and a main hobbies also the stock 4.6 engine ( engine is pricey $225.00 wow) but any who if the truck is back in stock I'm sure parts will follow

Update:
Last night I was on eBay and found 2 complete drop-in assemblies(diffs/drive cups/housings/bulkheads) for $26 each. Jumped on that immediately! :happy:

Now I can get the Savage fully operational again. Anyone wanna bet on how well the 6 year old fuel will run? :jawdrop: New,unopened bottle of Nitrotane. Been stored in my r/c cabinet in my semi-climate controlled garage. I got $20 that says it be fine - any takers?

Don't take him up on it, Racer. Those aren't rolls of nickels in his pocket!

Welcome back bud, I had the same problem. I went to a local hobby shop and had a million questions. None of the brands I know existed except traxxas, Losi/associated seemed to stick with racing and not as many casual models. Finally went with a stampede as a safe bet for now until I know what’s going on. Crazy to see that about hpi, they made so many great models.

Back