Welcome to Florida!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
April 30th:

Dear diary:
Florida is fantastic! Just got here and love it already. Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

May 14th:
Really heating up. Got to 89 today. Not a problem, I live in an air-conditioned home and drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshiper.

June 5th:
Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. NO MORE SHOVELING SNOW EITHER! Another scorcher today but I love it here.

July 1st:
The temperature hasn't been below 90 all week, not even at night. Where are those ocean breezes we heard about; still seems hot. Getting used to it - will take a while, I guess. I sure miss my LP collection, though I'll have to remember not to leave anything made out of plastic in my car. Got one of those fuzzy steering wheel covers, cheaper than the burn ointment for my hands. I always
wondered what burnt flesh smelled like.

July 15th:
Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:
I miss our cat, Tabby. He snuck into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, he'd swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and just as I opened the door, he exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids he ran away. The car now smells like Kibble and poop. No more pets in this heat!

July 25th:
Ocean breezes, my ass. Hot is hot! The home air conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $20 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. Only hope for a break in the heat would be a hurricane.

July 30th:
Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Swatting the swamp mosquitoes that are as big as B-52's ; $1,500 in darn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug 4th:
100 degrees. Finally got the air conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. The electric bill is almost as much as the house payment. And two old lady drivers almost ran me off the road. I hate this state.

Aug 8th:
If another wise ass jerk cracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to tear his head off. Damn heat! By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted Garfield!!

Aug 10th:
The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and sunny. It's been too hot for two months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. And whoever came up with the statement, "it may be hot, but at least you don't have to shovel it" should die from heat exhaustion. Doesn't it ever rain in this God-forsaken place??

Aug 14th:
Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 102 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?". My wife had to spend the $1,500 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug 30th:
Worst day of the summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell and drove the damned roaches out of the ground. Wasn't aware they could fly! The car is now floating somewhere in the Caribbean with its new $500 windshield. That does it, we're moving back to North Carolina!

I hope this state breaks in half and floats to Cuba!!!

LMFAO!!
They had a similar one for NY.
I'll see if I can find it.

lmfao that was pretty funny, i just got back from florida last week..

Now you know why the old people move there.
First off it reminds them that their life could have been worse and gives them something to complain about. Its also a place they can go to be aclamated for their next step to the afterlife..... HELL!!

Yep that about sums it up for me....but you forgot all the language barrier issues in Mijami and the wannabe gangbanger rich kids from the suburbs and the fact property values are only affordable to millionaires, not to mention the shallow chicks and drug lords living in my new apt complex....oh yeah I got to see the SWAT team raid my neighbor at 1AM sunday morning.....the guy was in a bad car accident 10 years ago had his back all screwed up and brain damage to boot...He gets presciptions and his brother steals em from him.....he then sells em and turned over on his brother when he got popped....NICE family loyalties....this is sooooo common in S Florida it just makes me want to go vigilante on people like that....

Plaid, I thought you were buying a house/condo?

fell out....we were going to do a quit claim on it and he decided right then and there as we were solidifying the deal that he wanted to keep that one and sell the condo by the beach.....for 450k.....I got fed up looking for something and just rented a place.....I was a t my folks place for almost 7 months...they're cool (now) but damn that's the first time I've lived there since I left at 17......found a 3br 2 bth for 1050 east of 95.....I jumped on it.....I'm looking at property now and have invested in some up North near Jasper FL......

Yup that sums it up.........When our plane landed our 9 yr old says..."mommy, I can't believe you lived in such a beautiful place!!"

Next day while walking to Disney from the parking lot" mommy HOW could you live here? It's sooo hot!"

Left there and flew back to Va and drove to Pa to 81 deg. Felt SOOOOOOO good.

Just a tropical storm now.
I hope it either weakens or shifts out of your direction.

katrina.gif

It's 86 during the day, & 67 at night here on Long Island... Now this is the weather I love...

well I'm gonna get hit for sure today at some point.....
thanks for rubbing it in ImB....

oh did I mention I HATE THIS STATE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH florida come on vacation leave on probation! For the newly weds and nearly dead!

Hay Remember this one? BET YOU WISH YOU WERE HERE NOW:D

Last edited:
That was good!!!! another one pulled from the archives and dusted off, LOL!!!!!

LMFAO!! Thanks for bringing this back up, makes me remember just how much Florida sucks! I only wish I could convince the wife to move back to NC from Long Island now.

I have been thinking about moving back there to! I like it down here in the winter. The weather is awesome then comes hell in the summer time.Glad you got a good laugh:D

Just a tropical storm now.
I hope it either weakens or shifts out of your direction.

katrina.gif

Ironic post, don't you think?

I don't know I like it in Florida :D

Plenty of sand but no dunes though....

The place is a giant marsh land sand and beaches

I was just messing with Ncnitro cause he is in NY freezing and it is hot as hell down here right Plus he has know were to run his cars