Weird Idling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KbigO69

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok My rig requires me to give it a few blips of the throttle to start and stay running for the first few secs of start. then the idle is really high but when i hold the breaks it revs down to norm? is this due to low battery of my reciever or tuning problems? any advice will be much appreciated

oh btw when i tried to adjust the idle it didnt change anything for some reason

but i set it before without turning it to zero and it adjusted? and also my rig has a nice stream of smoke coming out when running but yet still gets hot enough for spit to sizzle on it

You can NOT lower the mechanical idle setting when the trim knob is turned up. Turn down the knob, hold the trigger in brake position and adjust your idle.

Get a temp gauge.

ok i just looked at my controller and the throttle trim was off already which means the idle wasn't adjusting even with it on zero. btw what exactly does the throttle trim do anyway:\

well see thats another thing I've already ran a tank through it. i talked to rcaddict and he said i might have gotten a airleak around the lsn because i saw a few bubbles and fuel coming through. oh joy lol

Don't continue the break in if you suspect a leak. Air leaks will cause a lean mix which will bring the temps up as well as give you erratic running.

no no no I'm not breaking it in lol its been broke in lol It just started yesterday which was my third day to run it. the other two days i had no prob with it.