Weird ass tools!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Last week at the track a gut was selling a Kennedy Machinist's tool box. 10 drawers with a 2 drawer base. Its only 9" deep but 20" long. Perfect condition $45.00. It had a bunch of tools in it as well. Most of them I know about except 2 of them. It would be nice to know what they are.

They seem to be a measuring device of some kind. (Caliper?) 2 curved hooks about 9" long made of flat metal sheets hooked together at the bottom allowing them to open and close. There is a second one that is smaller.

I can Imagen a mad scientist comparing the size of human skulls in his lab with these things. LOL

Any clues as to what they are
Do I need to post a pic?

Sounds like a caliper??? you would use on a wood lathe?

they are called dividers. kinda an old school tool, can be used in layout or for quick checking the size of parts.

0648604-11.jpg

Corrado is close. These are a bit more old school.
There are a few other things I have no clue about as well.

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 257
  • tool1.jpg
    tool1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 251
the phallic shapes look like beefy punches and the wood handled thing might be a hand lathe tool for wood working.......did I guess right and get the free car???
nice box I'd grab that for 45bucks in a heartbeat.....

Ill never use the stuff.
If someone will USE.. them, pay the shipping and they are yours.

The wooden handled tool will find angles. Loosen the wing nut, match the angle, tighten it, there ya go, perfect match. THe one in the box is used to scribe circles in what ever you are cutting. Mostly used for wood working.

Those calipers are used to gauge thickness of wood. Mostly used when turning wood on a lathe, especially if you're hollowing out a bowl or somegthing of that nature.

Yup! Those are outside calipers, alright. Look to be fairly old, too. As others have said, they're mostly for measuring the outside diameter of various round things.

There have been times when I could a use small set of those, but like the unpopular girl; I'm flat busted.

DUDE! I have ** almost ** the same one, doesn't have the bottom part though. Had it since I was 16 and just can't let it go.

Somehow, yours looks a lot nicer though. :D

Last edited:
Hey Eddy if that a quickair above the drill press on the shelf to the left?

The orange looking object?
Thats an Ofna shock building stand.

Is that what you are looking at?
Next to the Press is a Badger airbrush compressor.

Good to see you Hunter.

As your title says "weird Ass tools" maybe your on to some thing there. Looks like Hemoriod extraction devices - I would have them sanitized b4 using though...