Warning: Buying Hobbywing through Ebay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just a heads up, if you purchase a Hobbywing product through Ebay, no matter who the actual seller is and if the product has an actual authorized dealer decal on it, Hobbywing will not fulfill their warranty obligation.

I had heard this about Hobbywing. I know there are many other companies that also want provide a warranty unless it's through an authorized seller.

I had heard this about Hobbywing. I know there are many other companies that also want provide a warranty unless it's through an authorized seller.

My issue was it WAS purchased through an authorized dealer, Crash and Bash Hobbies, a physical shop in Iowa. It had the authorized dealer sticker right on the side of the box.. My order/proof of purchase also showed it was not purchased at a reduced price either. They just wouldn't accept it as a valid proof of purchase because it was bought through Ebay and not directly from Crash and Bash's website... even though they are the actual 'seller."

If you want piece of mind, just buy directly from Hobbywing North America, especially if you're spending boo coo bucks. You can't blame Hobbywing for wanting to protect their name. They got great stuff that makes people want a piece of the pie...fake/counterfeit items ruins us.

I think the word they use is "end user" to provide warranty fulfillment to. eBay is tough that way. Some companies do honor warranty if bought through eBay, others, do not. Thanks for the heads up, Sledge. And howdy neighbor! I'm in Massachusetts.

I think the word they use is "end user" to provide warranty fulfillment to. eBay is tough that way. Some companies do honor warranty if bought through eBay, others, do not. Thanks for the heads up, Sledge. And howdy neighbor! I'm in Massachusetts.

What part? Check out my posts in the local tracks section. If you're close to Maximus RC or Hillside Raceway, come stop by!
Btw your RC Pro Am avatar is awesome.

Back