Warning about possible computer virus attempt!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuy

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I received an email from what looked like the US Postal service saying that a package delivery attempt was made on 6/2 and to click on a button to print a a shipping label to take to the post office to pick up the delivery. When I clicked on it using my phone, it took me to another website written in Japanese(?) with some cartoon pictures on it. I didn't stick around long enough to look very closely at the site I was redirected to.

I have no idea if a computer virus can infect a phone. If the post office had something for you they would have left a card in your box. That card goes to the PO along with your ID and you get your package.
There IS NO other system that they use. You were wise to bail out of it.

That's good to hear about the phone, but this email looked legitimate. Especially since I have a few packages arriving this week from internet purchases.

Keep us posted on what happens. I get email notices with PO tracking, but NEVER have I been asked to print a label.

I'm not sure about this instance.. but I just wanted to post that Smart phones are most certainly not immune to virus and malware.

But, they are immune to most malware that could infect a PC.

Must be talking about this one that i get at least once a week. Found it interesting that it says newest from BBC News when its from the "US Postal Service"

050C155F-E64F-433C-B7CB-78025F28E977_zpsef1hddfw.png

Boy would I like to have a look at all of that!! I am in for information security, I could rip into it....Can you copy/paste the link the "click here" takes you to? You can right click that link and copy it without going to it....Also, if your willing that is, send a copy of the "full header" of the email, that will have domain info and what not. I know how to track down and report these things to domain holders, done it for years...

I could also tell you what it is, if its a virus, and for what. I have sandboxing systems just for it!! LOL

Back