wanting to start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckid91

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have moved workplaces and the local rc raceway is now about a block from work.. i dont wanna haul my nitro around all the time, but was thinking...

I wanna get into electric rc's i have been eyeing the rc10t4.1 2.4ghz brushless or the sc10 2.4ghz brushless
and this charger...http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTCK1&P=ML

is this a good rig to get into local races with?

easily upgradeable?

can i just strap lipos to the factory esc?

i had a brushless slash before so this isnt my first time at the rodeo just been a while haha

thanks,
nate

Last edited:
That duratrax unit will need adapters for your battery and a balancer. By the time you're done spending on that one you could get a venom pro-charger and eliminate all the hassle.

okay so ill look at some different chargers, is there anywhere i can read about lipo charging, maintence, and what all the 20c or 40c and all that mean??

i have no idea what kind of lipo battery to buy lol, i always just had nimhs before.

also what brands are good?? I've noticed pretty much everyone makes lipo packs...

Last edited:
look again at that site i posted ,,, hobypartz.com and they have many different lipos you all your needs... search the fourms for the info on lipo batterys, its overwhelming at first but just take your time and it will all come around to ya

ok so I've decided to get a vxl slash.. but now i need to know of a good charger that will do nimhs for now and lipos in the near future?