wanting to race

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi this is yet another newbie, and i have a few question for you. can i race my revo in the truggy class or the monster truck class, or what is your opinion on what class i should run. Is there any parts on a revo platinum that i would not be able to fit onto my revo. thanks

Aussie :D

well the pe has a longer frame if i remeber right. but 99% are interchangable. i have the 5308 model, and added the pe parts to it. i.e sway bars, rear brake, center diff, and red toelinks and push rods, and wing kit. i built my truck from the ground up and it cost a 3rd of what pe does used.

The PE, 5308, and 5309 are the same exact chassis.....except the PE is silver and has etching on it. :)

since everybody is arguing differences the answer to your question would definately be MT. see you out at lazy M

No arguments here, merely letting him know about the chassis. Hope it didn't appear I was, wasn't my intention.

I raced mine in sportsman truggy and monster truck last season..I raced the truggy class to get more lap time at the track on Sundays and I finished 2nd in MT so that practice payed off.I almost grabbed a top 3 spot in sportsman truggy but a tangle with some others on the first lap in A main ended that.I think I won at least one race in truggy though.Driving skills being equal the truggy will lay down faster times for sure although I have only raced one time with my truggy and I think the lap times are the same because I am not used to the truggy yet. I really enjoy MT racing.

Back