Wanna buy some rock?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock auction was removed.

Oh so close........ wana have a good time hunnie? only $20...........

I was so embarrassed when I DID fall for that one….I thought she was trying to sell me a large General Motors military looking SUV for $20. Who would have knew?

Well the rock one was someones basalt wall that somewhat looked like a hand and they said it was the hand of god... If you touched it it would fall apart for sure. It was just the work of erosion... The worst part is there was 160 bids and it was up to over 16 grand...

The link wont work but if you go to ebay and search for Item number: 150341780892 it will bring it up lol.

Winning bid: US $16,866.66

OOOOooohhh. Some idiot paid over 16 grand for crumbling rocks.

ba80_1.jpg

If I was going to pay that kind of money for a natural rock formation, it would be THIS one:

50269_32.jpg

Last edited:
Damn ill go get my chisel

I'm not suprised at all, that rocks heres in Idaho, people pay alot of money for rocks from here even though we have an abundance of rock.

From the Ebay site:

What is being auctioned?
The Hand of God Rock Wall
Located in Coeur D Alene, Idaho 83814

1) The ownership of The Hand of God Rock Wall; disassembly required and shipping not included.

a) Exclusive rights to dismantle the wall and take the Hand for reassembly anywhere in the world or space; shipping not included.

b) The property, not the rock wall, must be restored, buyer is responsible for all damages to property and/or structures.

c) All city, county, state or federal permits, easements and/or fees are the complete responsibility of the buyer

2) Included in the purchase of the Hand of God rock wall are:

3) The exclusive rights to make a casting of the hand; it is approx 9ft tall x 4ft wide

4) The complete and exclusive rights to take still pictures, images or scans on location by you or proxy and to sell those pictures, images and scans.

Rolex that place looks like devils postpile...

800px-Devils_postpile_NM.jpg

34674641.DevilsPostpile3.jpg

It has to be the same type of rock, Basalt. It's volcanic, and breaks off in almost a hexagonal shape.
The one I posted is Giant's Causeway, in Ireland. Any Basalt formation is just about stunning.

i bet those trees on the edge are nervous....

Dumb question: Why not just make resin casts of the "Hand of God" and leave the rock there? I mean, come on. Bet that auction winner doesn't pay up...

It never ceases to amaze me what people will bid on.
16 grand! What do you think it will cost him to have EVERY rock labeled, removed, and reassembled?
He could have found his own rocks and assembled them into anything he wanted, whether it was the hand of God, or a likeness of Homer Simpson.
What an Idiot.

i honestly dont think its that dumb, the buyer obviously liked it, has money and wants it.

see how many hits it had? 46260! mine get like 20 or 30 lol.