Virus alert, over 60,000 of them.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I've been working in and among computers for the last 9-10 years and never and I mean NEVER have I seen a computer infected with so many viruses in my life. The most ever was about 3,000-4,000 but 60,000

1virus-med.gif

And to really top it off as if 60,000 infections wasn't enough - the drive was STILL scanning for more viruses when I left for work tonight!

-Michael

thats not 60,000 individual viruses, thats 60,000 files that have been infected by a virus. if the computer was infected long enough, all of the infected files may be from one virus.

lol, where did u get the computer from? looks like a lot of them was through AOL. thats crazy though 60,000 virus's, how could the computer function without crashing?:microwave

later

I work as a tech for a local computer shop here in town and that's the reason the guy brought it in - it kept crashing on him or running very slow.

The guy only had it for about 6months - brand new computer.

-Michael

I tend to agree, 60k files that are infected with a virus. That's hard to imagine still 60k files infected, I mean that's like saying my documents is totally infected.

On the same note i am getting odd e-mails.They are one word things like you tried to steal or just hello.I have gotten at least 2 a day for the past week now.On every one of them they want me to download a atth.Has anyone else gotten these

One of the latest scams is an official sounding email from "the management team" asking you to open the attached zip file and launch the contents "in order to keep your account active". The zip file is password-protected and the body of the email message gives you the password. Password-protected zips can't be scanned by normal antivirus utilities.

Since you can't trust users our backbone provider/mail gateway is blocking zip file attachments.

damn that is a whole lot!! ANyone know of a good free anti-virus software... Woodie.. Do you use mcafee all the time? I had that at work and it was horrible!

I use Symantech Antivirus Corporate Edition, however we use the newest McAfee at the shop.

jon2 quit being cheap and shell out the $15 to purchase Norton 2003

-Michael

Originally posted by WoodiE
I use Symantech Antivirus Corporate Edition, however we use the newest McAfee at the shop.

jon2 quit being cheap and shell out the $15 to purchase Norton 2003

-Michael

hey can't stop the better bargain hunter in me. If I stopped I would have been broke long time ago. I use the corporate edition as well at work.. ok..My name is Jon...I am cheap..LOL

Damn, that my doom virus got that person real bad!

Back