"Vintage" Losi LXT revival help needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldblue

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So the old (30 year old) motor finally gave it up and gets so hot- I can't touch it- I want to get a new motor- here is the gearing that's there right now- 24t pinion/90t spur gear. It was in the kit when I put it together back in the day. Now I have upgraded the esc to a hobbywing 1060 and a 20kg servo from amazon. It runs great so all I really need is a recommendation for a motor or gearing for speed maybe? My racing days are over but I think this would be fun to drive on the dirt baseball field around here. Thanks Vic in SoCal

its a stadium truck.. so it either had a 27t brushed or a 19t brushed .. in that gear u listed its more than likely a 27 t . ran a ton of those turn motor in my days of racing.. the wildest id go is a 10.5t brushless but not with that esc you now have...id stay with a 19t max it will have alot more speed that what you had in it b4 it died.

I will take your advice- and start there- do you have a "brand" I should look at? and thanks again

Back