Video edit software?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, it probably will. The only thing I can think of that would prevent it from doing so would be the actual codec within the mpg. I haven't encountered one that it hasn't been able to open yet. Chances are that if WMP will play it, then Sony will import it. It depends on the codecs that your system has installed.

If I lost you on the file type / codec thing, one is a file type (ie. mov, wmv, mpg, avi, etc) the second is the compression routine that it is compressed with (ie, cinepac, sorenson, etc). If you want me to test something for you, LMK and we'll set something up.

Error401 said:
Ok, for the third time, Sony Screenblast / Vegas will import, edit and convert WMV files to other file types.

I know, Error401, and I wrote it down. I just thought that mr_bob knew of a freebie download.

oh i do i just havent found this thread again its called stoik video converter and its pretty good ill see if i can upload it to here for youll

Attachments

• StoikVideoConverter10.zip
    136.1 KB · Views: 52
Okay, mr_bob, I downloaded the zip file, and I'll see if I get some time to mess with it in the next couple of days......Thank you.

I'm guessing you already have a good high end pc to do this stuff, Scottm. I use Pinnacle Studio 9. For a while they had their share of bugs that needed worked out and they seem to have fixed 'em pretty well. I haven't had this app hang in forever.

Like Error mentioned, do all your dumps in Hi-Res and then edit. That way you'll always have the choice of burning a nice hi-def DVD from your project or encoding them to .wmv's. (Which we enjoy watching and downloading so much!)

Another advantage for error-free (no pun intended) captures without dropped frames is a dedicated high-speed disk for video capture. I have two 160gb Seagate drives in a raid0 striped array and it doesn't miss a beat.

Pinnacle also recommends giving their app complete control over the pc without extraneous services running. I disable the nic card, then run msconfig to disable startup items and reboot.

Pinnacle Studio Av/DV Deluxe (about $200) has a breakout box and PCI capture card included w/software. The breakout box handles inputs and outputs for composite AV and SVHS. The PCI capture card has IEEE 1394 firewire for the digital video and the software will control your digital video camera.

I'm not saying Pinnacle is the greatest but it's good for the price.

And if any of you are wondering why I'm not posting videos it's because I don't have a friggin' video camera.

Wow...seems a lot of trouble, WDH, for a video. :D

Of course, I use a Mac so what do I know? BUT I have had very little in the way of video production issues...other than time. Quality vids can take some serious time depending on the amount of footage.

You Mac guys are a different breed...

Does the ship's pursor even talk to you? :D

Back