Video clips, What NOT to do with your new T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, this first one isn't so bad. Just surprised to see the front wheels off the ground with stock needle settings. A friend was driving. I was on camera.

Backflip Vid

I think something got broken in this second one, but I didn't detect it in time. Again, my friend is driving.

Basher Vid

And so then this third one happened. I lost steering ability. I was driving. Friend was on camera.

Oops Vid

I'll try to have some audio in the next videos. And hopefully something more exciting.

Thanks to Niffken for hosting these videos for me.
Edit-Since Niffken's server has been unreachable I've moved these back to my own server, which is slow.

Last edited:
Not bad...not bad at all...looks like you went to the El Pirata School for the Driving Impaired.

Ok, I had my noob experiences, now can I stop beeing a noob?

EDIT- Cool, it worked, post #25, I'm not a noob!

Here's a pic of the damages:
IMG_1314s.jpg

The rear bulkhead break let this happen:
IMG_1308s.jpg

I think this break happened in my curb bashing video, but it didn't pop out like this until the wall banging:
IMG_1311s.jpg

And my blue wire lost a little insulation when the body tried to slice through it. I guess I might be switching to an ignitor instead.

Edit-I moved these back to my own server as well.

Last edited:
I discovered all that damage after the wall slam.
I think the suspention arm was broken on the curb smacking though and that's why I lost steering control which caused me to slam the wall.

It's gonna be like a puzzle putting this thing back together.
IMG_1317s.jpg

Edit-Moved this image back to my own server

Last edited:
OUCH! Are parts even available to fix it yet? Bulkheads look the same but thats the new type suspension arms. If you keep that up you and ElPirata should become good friends.

Originally posted by NCNitro
OUCH! Are parts even available to fix it yet? Bulkheads look the same but thats the new type suspension arms. If you keep that up you and ElPirata should become good friends.
Except his stuff is organized and mine is always in a total state of chaos.

Congrats ShortMan…
You are now a true Maxxer…
The bulkhead is the same as the old Maxx. And will be easy to find. The A-Arm is not available at this time. If you are in a hurry to get back up and running you can get a set of ProLine replacement arms. They will bolt right on..

All in all not to bad.

You really dug into the dismantling of your truck. You and Christian belong to the same school of Maxx repair, except hr stores his in a bucket.

I think Christian can teach Shortman about "bucket o maxx"; Shortman can teach El Pirata about organization; and El Pirata can school us all on the finer points of totally destroying a T-Maxx in a parking lot...:D

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
El Pirata can school us all on the finer points of totally destroying a T-Maxx in a parking lot...:D
Why do you only limit my skill to a parking lot? There are plenty of other places I can destroy a T-Maxx other than only a parking lot!

way to go!!!congrats on the new maxx. Welcome to the wonderful world of repair :)

nice vids shortrandy

Originally posted by El Pirata
Why do you only limit my skill to a parking lot? There are plenty of other places I can destroy a T-Maxx other than only a parking lot!

Not trying to limit your skill or play down your abilities. On the contrary, i encourage your creativity. I was just attempting to localize and perhaps contain the damage. :D

Cool vids man. Don't you just hate when those damn walls jump out in front of you like that!? (Here's a little tip for later, They do it much worse when the video is running!)

Originally posted by SkyMaxx

Not trying to limit your skill or play down your abilities. On the contrary, i encourage your creativity. I was just attempting to localize and perhaps contain the damage. :D
Actually I have several humdingers in parking lots but off road driving accidents are by far my favorite to teach!

Back