Vibrations? Please help....(RC Heli)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew1014

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'll try to explain in full detail as well as I can. I have a small (maybe 10-12 inches) electric RC Heli. It worked 100% when I first flew it, a table jumped out of no where and attacked my heli. Now it vibrates, it didn;t atatck my heli too hard or anything.

Here is what happens. When I hold it in my hand by the end I fire her up no vibrations at all from stop to a quarter throttle, it floats fine, when I go to half throttle to take off it will vibrate a little bit, and the vibrations cause it to lose power. but if I give it full power the vibration goes away....?

In flight if it starts to vibrate I notice it falls, if I turn it (gyrate? Idk the word, it spins without moving forward or backwords) the vibration stops and it shoots right into the sky or ceiling wherever I am.

I checked the blades their not loose, or tight. the gyro on top is tight... wings aren't marked up... in the mast? (the bar that holds the wings) I noticed if I pull and push on it very lightly there is some slight play. maybe that is it? I don't want to tinker and break it not knowing what I am doing...

Please, Please help me...

Thank you,
Andrew.

What kind of heli is it? That will help trouble shoot it, as we need to know some basic details about the design. I would start by checking the the feathering shaft isn't bent. If not, make sure the main shaft isn't bent if metal, or cracked if carbon. If it's flybarred, make sure the paddles are still straight and true at 0* pitch, and make sure neither of them is cracked, that can be hard to spot.

Idk? this is the picture of it. Nothing is bent, I figure if something was bent it would vibrate 100% of the time but it's only at half throttle... What would cause this?

What kind of heli is it? That will help trouble shoot it, as we need to know some basic details about the design. I would start by checking the the feathering shaft isn't bent. If not, make sure the main shaft isn't bent if metal, or cracked if carbon. If it's flybarred, make sure the paddles are still straight and true at 0* pitch, and make sure neither of them is cracked, that can be hard to spot.

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 134
I would start with checking everything I mentioned, as well as checking the blades and gears for cracks, and missing teeth on the gears. Check the motor mesh also, I've had them slip on a hard hit.

I agree with the main shaft or the feathering shaft.

sound like a main shaft issue, or if there is a locking collar on the bottom drive gear. make sure it's tight, i had a coaxial bird that had a bad shake at full throttle and the collar was just lose enough that there was to much gap between the two drive gears, and the slop was causing the vibration .

Last edited:
Little bit new, how do I tighten it? and by this you mean the little metal sleeve that is underneath the first set of wings? yeah it has a little bit of play in it. I don't want to tinker with it and break anything =P

sound like a main shaft issue, or if there is a locking collar on the bottom drive gear. make sure it's tight, i had a coaxial bird that had a bad shake at full throttle and the collar was just lose enough that there was to much gap between the two drive gears, and the slop was causing the vibration .

Back