Vehicle Classification???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulFire

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I know someone in here in the last thread i posted was from Polk County, and I'm hoping races, or has raced at Triple Nickel Race Track in Bartow, FL. Basically I'm trying to figure out 2 things:

1) What classes does this specific track (Triple Nickel) have?

&

2) In general terms, someone please help me to classifiy different rc cars. Of course i know the simplisticness of "Buggys, touring cars, etc." but what about "Truggys", how are they classified?? When they say "truck" classification are they reffering to the "stadium trucks" or "monster trucks"?? And finally, when they say "stock" does that mean NO modification to the stock truck at all (i.e. engine, and other performance enhancers) on RTR trucks??

-- Basically what I'm really thinking about getting is a HPI Mt 2 18ss, and maybe a Savage as well and I'm wondering what classes each of these vehicles will fit into??---

Thanks again Guys!!

Your best off by contacting the track and getting their rules.
A lot of tracks use ROAR rules as a guide but can make changed to the rules depending on the locals and what they want.

http://www.roarracing.com/
that should give you an idea of how to class your RC for a race....I've only been to a few tracks myself butthey all seem to be along these guidlines.....most will discredit the .21 buggy engine limit so more RTR racers can join th efun.......I haven't seen an official truggy...sorry, 4WD 1/8 scale stadium truck class yet, they're usually in the MT class for now....we don't have mod and stock class at mills pond, only when we have more than 4 to put in each class.....

Hey Soulfire...

That was me that posted in your first thread...

I've been to Tripple Nickel, but only for some afternoon bashing with my MT2 or Savage, never raced there. Check out their web site posted by NCNitro and also stop by the Hobbytown on S. Florida Ave. (next the movie theater). Eric and Wendy, the owners, sponsor races there and can help you out with what class to run with your budget in mind.

I live at the far north end of Lakeland so I don't get to the 555 too often...

Matter of fact, I'll be heading to Eric's store this weekend to get my steering servo for the Savage and some other goodies, and that's an hour round trip as it is!

Back