Using Summit Radio box on Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmosGoat

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone used the water resistant radio box from a summit on a revo? I would assume that it would mount right in the same place. I am in the process of a clean and rebuild and want to make it as water tight as possible.

If you use clear silicone on the joints of the radio box, a switch boot and seal the exit point for the servo wires with silicone, you should be, pretty much, ready to roll without having to replace the original box

I know i could just seal it all up but i like the idea of a stock part that would do the job without having to mess with the silicone. That will be my last resort.

i hate to sound crass, and i know this probably will, but why waste good money when silicone is only £3 per tube and a radio box is four maybe five times that cost ?

I see your point about stock, but i would and have sealed my original box with silicone, i saved a few ££ and put that towards my next bottle of fuel.

Thunder you can get a summit waterproof box for like 3 bucks on ebay, which is about the same as a tube of silicone and it looks much cleaner.

Cosmos and I were talking about it today and it's not a direct drop in but I picked one up anyway and going to see if I can make it work and still appear 'factory'. If it doesn't work it's only a few bucks in the trash bin, I have spent more on stupider things in the past....

$3 on the bay ?

Wonder what that translates to in £ ?

Back