Used truck need tips!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navyguy4191

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently recieved an associated monster gt 4.6 from my dad it has been sitting in a box for almost 2 years. I just ordered a new fuel tank and fuel lines, and a new glow plug. He said that everything ran fine before he put it up but he did not tell me much else. I am new to the RC hobby so I dont know much about the truck at all just wondering is there anything I should do prior to starting this truck again and what kind of fuel should I use?

Did the previous owner mention any use of After run oil or wd-40? How much fuel did he run through it? As far as anything you will need to run it, just a glow starter, some good fuel, make sure your transmitter and receiver have new batteries and are working correctly and make sure you have after run oil for when your done.

No he did not mention anything about after run oil, but I am pretty sure that he did not use anything. I dont think that he took care of the truck very well at all, but as far as the transmitter and reciever I got brand new batteries so as soon as the parts I ordered are here I will fire it up and see what happens. Thanks again for the reply.

well I would at least take off the pullstart and see what the engine looks like back there.. Then replace all your bearings. re lube your diffs, put new oil in your shocks, check drive cups, cvds or dogbones for wear. check transmission, grease if needed. put new clutch shoes. might need new shock springs and tries depending how it was sitting when stored.

these are the things I go through when I buy used. I also completely tear down and rebuild the truck, as it will familiarize you with it, and you can closely inspect every part. It is very frustrating when you get a used truck, fire her up, and things just start going wrong. so instead I do what i listed above, and it tends to rectify any issues one would have had running it like it was received.

Back