Use loc-tite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunfighter

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
And why should I use loc-tite you may ask? Was a nice day here in jersey and I decided to get the RC 8 out and do some bashing..... Just as I was getting it nice and tuned, the mill spins up to astronomical rpms just then it ran out of gas. OH $HIT I say to myself, as I run to my stricken buggy, what could have happened? Three of the 4 screws holding the engine to the mounting plate had vibrated loose and the last was holding on by a thread. In my haste to put my rig back together from its last cleaning I had neglected to put loc-tite on the offending screws. Now my car is waiting on parts :(

The moral of the story is painfully clear,
No Loc-Tite on screws is a pain in the rear.

when got my mgt8.0 i started it up finished break in then as i was driving it around the yard all the sudden it just died i ran up to it and the back plate had fallen completly off the engine and another time i went over a jump and the engine fell rite off the truck(ihad no body on) but now it shouldn't happen again cause i completly rebuilt the truck and every screw is locktite'ed

I'm pretty new to nitro and I havnt used any loc tight on mine yet. When I use it is it hard to get the screws out if I have to fix something?

depends on what strenth you use i used the blue and it works good i didn't want to try red cause it's really hard(almost imposible without heating it) to get out after

What would b some main screws I should put it on or should I do all

you definatly want to do all the engine mount screws...i did my whole truck so i knew i wouldn't have any problems anywhere

blue loctite is the way to go and definately on anything like motor wise

hey gunfighter besides the screw problem how do you like the rc8 I'm looking to buy one in my later future and want to hear some first hand experience with one.

ok, do you guys just apply it to the head of the screws or do you unscrew them apply loc tide and then screw in...

hey gunfighter besides the screw problem how do you like the rc8 I'm looking to buy one in my later future and want to hear some first hand experience with one.

It is awesome. Just bashing it pulls hard, jumps great, and digs in the corners. I think it is a great buggy. The price is a different story, All told I have close to a G invested in it but I have it set up to race come spring. If you allready have most of the "extras" needed to run it that cost will come down i.e. Transmitter, servos, starter box, glow plug ect ect ect.....

Its first time on the track I expect to feed it a Losi and have it ask for more :D

so are you saying i have to put upgrades on it before its runnable or what? if it helps any I'm planning on getting the rtr version of it?

Loctite is only needed on metal to metal screws apply a small amount to the threads and then sinch it down

if you can get your hands on tamiya's blue loc-tite those are really nice

Back