update on steering on the rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Steering problems with rustler
UPDATE: I had adjusted the steering/toe links to the same length. Also Centered the servo saver and the servo. To my conclusion I think it is the steering block. For steering blocks - Aluminum or RPM plastic? If I go aluminum I will get aluminum caster blocks because I am already there to replace it. When I turn the wheel it goes to far inward. Also It has a lot of play in it.

I found these Atomik RC steering and caster blocks on amazon. These just popped up on my recommended page Atomik RC Alloy Front Steering Block Atomik RC Alloy Caster Block

Play in the steering block
RPM Caster and Steering Blocks: RPM Caster blocks RPM Steering blocks

I would use the alloy caster blocks but stay away from aluminum arms.
A good thing to remember is, any aluminum part will transfer the shock to a weaker area. Just keep that in mind.
I would definitely use RPM arms.

I would use the alloy caster blocks but stay away from aluminum arms.
A good thing to remember is, any aluminum part will transfer the shock to a weaker area. Just keep that in mind.
I would definitely use RPM arms.
For the arms - the stock arms had been working good so far. RPM Arms are on my upgrades list. Also RPM front bulkhead. I have RPM Rears on my slash and recently put RPM Front arms and front bulkhead in.

Sounds like an awesome rig.
I am a firm believer in soaking the a-arms in WD40. I have always done that and supposedly it makes them more flexible and less likely to break.

Back