Unknown CVD Part (HotBodies CVD's [I think])

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Unfortunatly, I deleted my conversation with SkyMaxx about when I bought this truck. So, I can't remember exactly what CVD's they are, but I want to say they are HotBodies. The other thing I don't know is if the part came with them or came stock on the truck.

Anyway, there's a ring at the base of the knuckle joint on the cvd. It appears to be made out of plastic and it also appears broken. I'm not sure what it's for or if I need it. I took it off and it didn't appear to be doing anything. It was on the rear center cvd on the end closest to the diff.

Here are a few pics I took to give those who know and idea of what I'm talking about.
2004-0925-SavageUnknownCVDRing01.jpg

2004-0925-SavageUnknownCVDRing02.jpg

2004-0925-SavageUnknownCVDRing03.jpg

2004-0925-SavageUnknownCVDRing04.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out if I need it or not. If I do, can someone please explain why?

Thanks.

That came stock and I never even used it with the CVD's, you don't need it.

Yeah, it goes over the stock cups and I am not even sure how you got it on the cvd cup, probably why it broke.

I figured out what it's for... it helps keep the stupid bolt/pin in that holds the cvd on. I bet you can guess how I found out... I lost the damn bolt/pin thing.

I just ran a bolt through the hole and put a locknut on the other side. I hope the shear strength of the bolt was close to what the pin was. I doubt it is. I'll find out this weekend.

Thats ring is mainly for the stock cups. All it does is keep the allen head pins from backing out and getting lost.I never used them with my HB CVD's.

Back