Unearthed My Tamiya TL-01. Looking to upgrade, what ESC, Brushless Motors, and Radio Controller +upgrades do you guys recommend?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trancenation

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I Unearthed My Tamiya TL-01. Looking to upgrade the all stock components, what ESC, Brushless Motors, and Radio Controller +upgrades do you guys recommend?

1655695988533.jpeg

Hey Folks,

I Unearthed My Tamiya TL-01. Looking to upgrade the all stock components, what ESC, Brushless Motors, and Radio Controller +upgrades do you guys recommend?

View attachment 148081
I would stick with a strictly brushed set up. The TL-01 drivetrain won't handle brushless for long. You are also limited to NIMH batteries unless you use smaller Lipo's, and even some of those won't fit.

Do a resto and make her a shelf queen. She looks in good shape and not needing a lot for a good resto. Manual Speed Control (MSC) appears serviceable and is a RC classic.

Perhaps consider buying a comparable modern Tamiya kit as a compliment to your TL-01?

Back