Unassembled Kits.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdown

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening fellow RCers. I want to try my hand at building a kit from scratch. Should be easy but finding anything other than rtr is harder than it sounds. Any ideas? Tia Chris.

Any of the techno kits would be a great choice.

Chris, you can check one of these brands Xray, Tamiya, Schumacher, Tekno, Associated, Traxxas, etc etc there is a lot of stuff available.

What are you searching for? Off-road - On road, bashing ?

Chris, you can check one of these brands Xray, Tamiya, Schumacher, Tekno, Associated, Traxxas, etc etc there is a lot of stuff available.

What are you searching for? Off-road - On road, bashing ?
Hi thanks for responding.
um bashing and electric. I’m old school nitro discovering brushless lipo fun. :) I just want to build a car from scratch and can only find rtr. Well online anyway. I’m in the UK. Must be able to get a kit here?

Example....
Go to the website from X-ray or Tekno, or any other brand, look at the models and use the dealer locator. I am not familiar in the UK and I'm sure you can find a LHS.

Good evening fellow RCers. I want to try my hand at building a kit from scratch. Should be easy but finding anything other than rtr is harder than it sounds. Any ideas? Tia Chris.
If you are looking for something cheap just to learn on, or even something a bit more expensive and sophisticated, you almost can't go wrong with Tamiya stuff. They have everything from cheap 2WD buggies, up to somewhat expensive vehicles, and almost all of theirs are kits, that you not only have to completely build, but you also have to trim and paint the bodies on most of them. They have a ton of options, from the TT-02 (lower priced, usually $140 US or less) to XV-01 (typically $300+ US), and a whole bunch of others. For even more sophisticated, and more expensive, as already mentioned, Tekno, X-Ray, and Schumacher all make kits. For Tamiya in the UK, wonderland models: https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/brands/tamiya/ is a major distributor. For the others, a quick search should find retailers and online shops that have them. Some of the Tamiya stuff comes with electronics (ESC, motor, steering servo), some dont.

Back