Unable to set failsafe on DumboRC X4 transmitter and X6 receiver combo.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefse

RCTalk Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there, I bought a used Arrma Granite BLX V3 today and I'm having issues with the radio setup. The previous owner replaced the stock setup with a DumboRC X4 transmitter and X6 receiver and didn't correctly set the failsafe. I found a manual for it online that was quite useless and I haven't been able to find a solution online and the previous owner doesn't know how to do it. Can you guys please help me fix this? Currently the failsafe is set to 1/8th forward throttle, I'd prefer to set it to full brake instead to avoid the car running away if it loses the signal.

Welp, a mod can just delete this thread, I figured it out. It was as simple as adjusting the throttle trim to avoid it creeping forward on signal loss. Now the failsafe seems to function normally.

Seems like the failsafe on this is just neautral, unlike my Futaba radio set where I can set a specific failsafe position it'll return to on signal loss. As long as it doesn't go full send on signal loss I'll be happy.

Welp, a mod can just delete this thread, I figured it out. It was as simple as adjusting the throttle trim to avoid it creeping forward on signal loss. Now the failsafe seems to function normally.
Hi Buddy, can you let me know whats the procedure you've managed to get the fails safe back to neutral ? i've got a dumborc x6a transmitter and 3 different receivers (x6f , x6yc, x6dc ) and i don't have an issue with 2 of them ( fail safe is neutral ) but on one of them , the fail safe is forward throttle - and cannot manage to sort it out back to neutral in any way :(

Sorry, can't really help you there. I actually re-installed the stock Arrma receiver and remote, too many issues with the DumboRC receiver and remote.

Sorry, can't really help you there. I actually re-installed the stock Arrma receiver and remote, too many issues with the DumboRC receiver and remote.

No worries buddy, just figured it out like an hour after posting my question :)

So, to set up fail-safe settings on any channel, or reset them. ( i'll use 1st channel as example - servo channel )

- reset : Having both trasmitter and receiver turned on, you just press the bind button (once) on the receiver ( led will start blinking ), and then press it again within 5 seconds - this will reset all failsafe settings ( on all channels that have a connector plugged in )

- Set failsafe for a particular channel : Having both trasmitter and receiver turned on - turn the steering wheel a bit right and hold it in that position ( this will be the failsafe position ). While holding the steering, press the bind key once, on the receiver. And then within 5 seconds, press the bind key again. after that, let go of the steering wheel. And the failsafe position for steering is set ;)

BR,
Shred__dad ;)

No worries buddy, just figured it out like an hour after posting my question :)

So, to set up fail-safe settings on any channel, or reset them. ( i'll use 1st channel as example - servo channel )

- reset : Having both trasmitter and receiver turned on, you just press the bind button (once) on the receiver ( led will start blinking ), and then press it again within 5 seconds - this will reset all failsafe settings ( on all channels that have a connector plugged in )

- Set failsafe for a particular channel : Having both trasmitter and receiver turned on - turn the steering wheel a bit right and hold it in that position ( this will be the failsafe position ). While holding the steering, press the bind key once, on the receiver. And then within 5 seconds, press the bind key again. after that, let go of the steering wheel. And the failsafe position for steering is set ;)

BR,
Shred__dad ;)
Thanks, good to know if I decide to give it another try. I had a weird issue with it where it would reduce the throttle significantly when turing fully to the right while driving. This doesn't happen with the stock receiver and transmitter, so I'm fairly sure it's an issue with the transmitter or receiver. I might splurge on a Futaba receive and transmitter for it later on, but the stock set gets the job done for now.

I do notice a difference in response time between the stock set in my Arrma and the Futaba set in my buggy though.

Thanks, good to know if I decide to give it another try. I had a weird issue with it where it would reduce the throttle significantly when turing fully to the right while driving. This doesn't happen with the stock receiver and transmitter, so I'm fairly sure it's an issue with the transmitter or receiver. I might splurge on a Futaba receive and transmitter for it later on, but the stock set gets the job done for now.

I do notice a difference in response time between the stock set in my Arrma and the Futaba set in my buggy though.
No worries. Ohh ok funny issue with the throttle while turning right. Never seen that happen.
I'm quite happy with the dumbos, have 2 x6 transmitters, one x4 transmitter and a bunch of receivers, never had any trouble with them. Maybe your receiver was faulty or something ;)

Back