Twin titan gtx2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam_theman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So I've got this beast running again after her first 5 minutes out and boy is she loud. Gonna take her over the local field shortly and hopefully run a few tanks through her. I've noticed the engines are getting extremely hot in a short space of time should this be a concern as I really don't wanna be melting them if possible. Did try post a video of her running but I couldn't unfortunately.

VideoCapture_20230825-132525.jpg

Managing temperature is a matter of tune. If it's getting hot sitting at idle, you should richen the low-speed needles slightly, and if it's getting hot after you drive it around, richen up the high speed. It'll be a little more challenging since you're tuning two carbs at once.

I bet it looks sick leaving a smoke trail on either side.

Managing temperature is a matter of tune. If it's getting hot sitting at idle, you should richen the low-speed needles slightly, and if it's getting hot after you drive it around, richen up the high speed. It'll be a little more challenging since you're tuning two carbs at once.

I bet it looks sick leaving a smoke trail on either side.
Yeah she's an awesome looking beast when she moves!
Thanks for the info wasn't sure if she was running/tuned properly tbh, I get to excited knowing that she starts and drives. I'll hopefully get chance to tinker/tune her over the field before I destroy her lol

So right at the start of trying to tune her up this happens.
Have ordered the parts so hopefully get her running again tomorrow

20230825_151206.jpg

Dang, those clutch shoes look just about worn through. Blown clutch bearing, too? You might want to redo the other one at the same time since it's probably similarly worn.
The other one looks brand new tbh, it's blue in colour unlike this disaster lol. I've only just loctited the good one as it kept spinning the screw out losing the screw and the bearings at the same time so I invested in some loctite yesterday and done her up today. Hopefully get her done tomorrow DePenDing lol

Any idea how I get the pin out for the pull start it's rather stuck, circled in yellow to the best of my ability
Any idea how I get the pin out for the pull start it's rather stuck, circled in yellow to the best of my ability

Attachments

• 20230825_163641.jpg
    20230825_163641.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 23

On some engines it's a single piece with the crank, are you sure it has to come out?

On some engines it's a single piece with the crank, are you sure it has to come out?
Yeah it's spring loaded for the pull start. I managed to get it out and put some more spring in there (disposable lighter spring) having an absolute nightmare with it at the moment. Have replaced clutch shoe's put it back together and it ceased I've took it apart and put it back together so many times today and now the other pull start has just failed after getting no1 engine running for 30 seconds real bad day for me
So fed up with this car now think I'm gonna sell it, or set it on fire 🔥 same issue on the second engine now. I only wanted to run a few tanks through it. Ha who am I kidding I can't even get it started now

Attachments

• 20230826_144352.jpg
    20230826_144352.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
It's definitely scrap now, split the casing ain't I and the carb is kaput.
Can anyone recommend any decent engines for this effing thing. It's gonna need 2 as the other engine won't last. Can't believe how much has been spent on this and it still ain't working.

20230826_163606.jpg

20230826_162853.jpg