Twin titan gtx2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam_theman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I've managed to get this Twin titan gtx2 running. I've noticed smoke coming from the back of both engines so I'll need to replace the gaskets/rubbers but mainly I need a body shell for it if anyone could point me in the right direction for one I'd be most grateful

20230806_175531.jpg

20230806_175542.jpg

Hi guys and gals I've managed to get this Twin titan gtx2 running. I've noticed smoke coming from the back of both engines so I'll need to replace the gaskets/rubbers but mainly I need a body shell for it if anyone could point me in the right direction for one I'd be most grateful

20230806_175531.jpg

20230806_175542.jpg
Running on a 27mhz controller and receiver do i need to upgrade the controller/receiver. I've tried putting a 2.4ghz receiver/controller in it but all control's work in reverse for some reason. Also do I need a cut out switch fitting as the one it came with won't allow it to run. Have also noticed it doesn't have any fuel filters on will this affect it in any way. Will post a video of it running when I'm happy with it !!!

Last edited:
in 2.4 ghz radio switch control direction ..ie forward to rev to vise versa. should be in radio options

in 2.4 ghz radio switch control direction ..ie forward to rev to vise versa. should be in radio options
There's no menu button on this remote, it's a hpi TF-40
I have since just taking the pic noticed there's the 3 channel servo reverse buttons on the front of the controller. So should be a simple fix well I'm hoping it is lol

20230806_185712.jpg

20230806_190152.jpg

View attachment 169700

View attachment 169701

Running on a 27mhz controller and receiver do i need to upgrade the controller/receiver. I've tried putting a 2.4ghz receiver/controller in it but all control's work in reverse for some reason. Also do I need a cut out switch fitting as the one it came with won't allow it to run. Have also noticed it doesn't have any fuel filters on will this affect it in any way. Will post a video of it running when I'm happy with it !!!
That's a sweet truck love the older RC's and restoring them. As far as a body goes. You can messure the distance between your wheels center. And then you can use that to find a body that will fit.Or close to it and cut it to fit.

Also you really don't need fuel filters. If your running in sand alot I would just incase you get some sand in fuel tank. You can also eliminate the cut off switch. Just don't push it to far away from you. So the reciver and radio don't loose contact with each other.

And with the radio you can always pick up a flysky 3. There are about $40-50 with a reciver on Amazon. And they are pretty good for the price. I run them and have never had problems.

Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge as previously stated its greatly appreciated !!!
I have a few more smaller scale models to rebuild or try to out of what I was gifted this is the second one I've restored out of 6. The others are literally in bits in a box, no idea what models they are either

Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge as previously stated its greatly appreciated !!!
I have a few more smaller scale models to rebuild or try to out of what I was gifted this is the second one I've restored out of 6. The others are literally in bits in a box, no idea what models they are either
No worries bud happy to help. Any time ask any questions. Will do my best to help where and when I can. I love to restore and rebuild older RC's. Enjoy the wrench time. And putting them all back together bud

Back