Twin engine rc's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipluther01

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've been watching some vids on youtube on twin engine rc cars/trucks. I think they are cool to look at, but they have 2 much power and seem very difficult to control. It appears that you have to get it up to half throttle at least before you can gas it. If not all it does is spin out and shoot off to the side fishtailing violently. So really whats the point? I'm kinda glad I chose to do a BB conversion instead of the twin engine. What are some of you fellow Rc enthusiasts opinions?

oh ok. ya those twin engine cars are sick. i wish i had one. do you like custom make the frame or something.

They are a pain in the ass to tune, but besides they they are pretty cool to look at. You wana learn throttle control, get a 2wd brushless rig and try n control your accel.

oh ok. ya those twin engine cars are sick. i wish i had one. do you like custom make the frame or something.

The only place that I've seen one to get is from New Era Models. They have one online for like $185. Its just chassis and a couple other parts. I thought about it. I was going to put two 3.3's on it. Then I was like.. hmmm Ill just put the savage motor on my T maxx and see what happens. So far I've spent about $250. Would have been more but what can I say. I love Ebay..lol

They are a pain in the ass to tune, but besides they they are pretty cool to look at. You wana learn throttle control, get a 2wd brushless rig and try n control your accel.

Is that what they make the drifting cars out of?

Is that what they make the drifting cars out of?

nope drifting is almost always 4wd and I haven't seen any brushless. I think alpine is referring to a lot of people slashes.

I did not know that about drifting cars. I just assumed they were RWD. They look cool to run though.

nope drifting is almost always 4wd and I haven't seen any brushless. I think alpine is referring to a lot of people slashes.

I also saw a video of that new Savage Flux...which is brushless and I think 2wd. So much power at takeoff that the guy was barely able to control the rig. If he slammed the throttle open it would wheelie and land on it's head every single time, and when he tried to be careful it would just skid out of control. Looked very flimsy and light, too light.

Didn't appeal to me at all actually, who wants a rig that hard to control??

Back