Twin engine mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eartaker

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
how would I go about doing this? I see a truckzilla kit is sold for a savage 21 but i have the new savage x ss 4.6. Can i just remove my fuel tank, drill some holes in the engine plate and mount on another engine? here is another question how do you get the other engine to run in the opposit direction? because they would be working agenst each other if i were to install them like this

Never heard of a reverse rotation nitro? I dont believe they would be working against each other.The kit has been avaliable for a long time,never actually new anyone who did it.Dont really see the need for a 2nd engine with the powerhouses on the market now!

ha dude if you could build this double nitro motor SAVAGE MONSTER you need the whole kit forget hsv144_t_thumb.jpg tiny savage dude look at this pic. This truck has the double nitro motor and both engines turn the same direction .....look.... the spur gear is rotating clock wisethe left motor is turning counter clock wiseon the 4 oclock position and the right is counter clock wise ant the 7 oclock position helpin the big spur gear go round and round...........But tuning these Unmortal Motors would be but yet just another Holy $!!$ task... BUT I WOULD LOVE TO.....lol...lol

Eartaker If your thinking putting two motors on is going to increase top end it will not. It's not going to go any faster than one engine. It will increase torque however

the dual engine mod kit has been around, you dont have to change the direction of the mill, there on opposite sides of the spur. you can take out the tank, mount the second mill, and then do a mid tank mod to put the tank up front.

hpi also has a big divided tank that mounts low in the rear

Eartaker If your thinking putting two motors on is going to increase top end it will not. It's not going to go any faster than one engine. It will increase torque however

i agree with stock gearing, but withthe double torque you can gear wAY higher and still have the take off, but with way more top end.

it will be a hard project, and not a daily basher, but if you want to do it go for it.

shelf queen for sure!

yeah i was looking and playing around with my spare engine and noticed i could run them in the same direction. yes i know it will not increase top end because i would need more rpm's for that. I want more power (torque). it is pretty much a shelf queen anyway. i don't need the entire kit. i just need to know what pieces i need to make this happen. I don't want to buy the kit just for an engine plate.

You can upgrade to a STS D30M stage II or III for less $$ and get a tremendous amount of torque and unbeleivable top end. Just a thought.

well how about two STS D30M's but my question is... how do i mound them in there

Ok I didnt mean to come off sounding like an a$$ but dualing motors is like the final chapter in a way its the holy grayle of nitro besideds like super charged drag raceing dont you think.... I mean its cool and hay if you can tune them up and getting WORKING CONSISTANTLY I would love you to build a thread. I say go for it I dont know you from adam and you me so please dont take any of my typed words to any offence... Its just that the savage IMO would not be the plat form from whitch I would do it.... Thats really my point...

you didn't come off as an a$$. its just your opinion who everyone is entitled to. but my main question is still.... the damn engine plate. it looks like the engine is siting out further away from the spur gear so that both engines will be able to fit. Anyone know if i can buy just the engine plate?

Yes I have seen it but I have to buy the entire kit. I ONLY need the engine plate. this kit is for a savage 25 and I have a savage X

just take your plate, mirror the holes, mount another engine mount, and do a mid tank. that is why its called a project, you have to figure out how to make it work.

You can upgrade to a STS D30M stage II or III for less $$ and get a tremendous amount of torque and unbeleivable top end. Just a thought.

hello, i've got an STS D30M...what is the difference between that and the stage II and III? and how much of a difference is there?

Yes but there isnt enough room on the stock plate for 2 engines