Turnbuckle Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I installed Lunsford Ti Turnbuckles and Dubro monster links and now I am having a real hardtime turning the wheels. The servo is really struggling and it is a Hitec 645. Is there supposed to be play in the turnbuckles, or "slop" as I have heard some use at the local track? I have tried everything I can think of and I am still having issues. I have installed the turnbuckles correctly. I was hoping you guys could help.

Thanks

Tom

You have something in there to tight. The 645 should turn the wheels with no problem...Check your drag link ..Are you running an after market servo saver? check to see if its to tight also..

Yes I am running an aftermarket servo saver. What is the drag link? Is there anything else I should look at as far as being to tight? Thanks Zandor

If the wheels are off, you'll see 2 hexes on each hub. There is one on the outside, and another on the inside. The ones on the inside adjust the camber. The ones on the outside are cups that go against the pillow balls. If they are too tight, your steering will be bad, and your suspension will be stiff and slow. If they are too loose, your wheel will have slop in it.
You need to take the cups out, one by one, clean them and put them back in at the proper tightness. No lubrication at these points. It attracts dust.

The drag link is the assembly that's coupled between the servo pushrod and the turnbuckles.

If you're looking for the pinch point (what's stiff in your steering train), disconnect the train and see what's difficult to move. I'd disconnect the turnbuckles. After that do the wheels pivot easily on the steering knuckles? Does the drag link move freely?

Back