Tuning engine!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David13404

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

First sorry for my very bad English, but I'm from Austria, and I'm only 13 years old.:n00bie:

My problem:
I have got a T-Maxx 2.5 and on christmas I want to buy a drop-in tuning engine for my Maxx.

The engines:

1.) Sirio TX .18
2.) Fantom (or Phantom? I don't know the correct name) FR .18

Who engine is better? Who engine has got more power? Please help me!:shrug: :beer:

Well I say siro just because I got one there both pretty good engines tho.

I was considering the Sirio before I went ballistic on a .21 conversion. They're both great engines. Having researched the Sirio I'd recommend the S1820001 pipe to match.

Do the Maxx make with the Sirio TX .18 Wheelies? Backflips???

Please tell me. My ..... is an 72 spurgear and a 16 clutch bell. Do the Maxx make with this ..... (I don't know the English name for this word) Wheelies and Backflips???:jester:

Stock gears on the Maxx are 20T clutch bell and a 72T spur. With a 16T clutch bell and a Sirio .18 I'm pretty sure you could wheelie all day long.

What time is it over there? I'm up way too late. It's 2:00am here. Is that like 11:00am over there?

David13404, you will find a lot of info in this forum about engines for the T Maxx.
Here is the link and it should give you plenty of ideas:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/s...id=94077&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

There are several of us that have or have had the Sirio upgrade. I'm unfamiliar with the Fantom product line although I've head some good things.
If wheelies are what you are looking for the Sirio 18 will flip your maxx upside down if tuned right and you add the recomended pipe.

Last edited:
Yes, here it was 11 o'clock AM. Now it's half past eight. :w00t:

Thank you for the link!

See you,
David

Hey, David. Sprechen sie deutsch? I'm taking it now in high school.

I put a Sirio into my generation 1 T-Maxx to replace the anemic .15 TRX it came with.

I've had the engine since May/June, and the thing only seems to be getting stronger.... even after an event at the track that I was sure would be catastrophic (one of the bolts on my head came lose, so only 3 of them were tightened... engine started dying, and a temp check measure > 320F)

Since then, I've run another half gallon through it (Traxxas 20% and some PowerMaster 20%). Wide open blips will still cause the thing to instant wheelie over on it's lid (especially on asphalt).

Another "good thing" is that up to this point, I've broken nothing on the drive train because of the increased power. Seems like I've found the sweet spot as far as "adding the most power possible without having to completely upgrade your drivetrain".

My vote is for the Sirio .18 and the SIrio Big Bore. You'll be amazed.

@RiceLaxer06: Ja, ich spreche Deutsch!:banana: :whhooo: Vielleicht kannst du mir ja sagen, welche Vor- und Nachteile der Sirio Motor gegenüber dem Fantom hat.

Is that too hard German for you? (Sorry for my bad English!)
But please answer my question. Why is the Fantom having a better quality?
Who engine has more power??? Who engine is trustier??? (@ RiceLaxer: trustier soll zuverlässiger heißen)

David
:flamer: :flamer:

i have the sirio in my t-maxx and i love it always runs and leaves more time for bashing-Marc

Fantom runs very consistant since the first start. i love fantom. Sirio is good, but i like fantom better because it always runs reliable and fast. WHEELIES will be no problem.

:cheers:

HI David -

Well, I speak allot of languages other then english but alas I don't speak any of the native Austrian tounges.

I have the Sirio .18 3.0 (they call is the T-maxx engine) in my Traxxas 4-Tec touring car and it kicks ass and seems to get better with age....serious. I also have the Sirio Piston/Sleeve and connceting rod in my Trx 2.5 engine and it's allot faster and running great.

I don't have experence with the Phantom motor but I know from experience that the Sirio .18 (3.0 T-maxx) kicks ass and I think you'd be very happy with it.

Back