Tuned Pipes??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well okay I am getting a new OS 18 CV-RX tomorrow and sticking it in my evader. I still have the stock muffler and header but its cheap and all beat up and sorts. I want to stick a GOOD tuned pipe on the car that will boost the performance and give it the strongest power. What do you guys recomend that I get for it? I don't want no cheapy or anything.

Thanks Zachary.

Another pipe that I've heard lots of good things about is the Jammin JP3 pipe. They run really great on buggies.

The pipe has to be for an 1/10 scale stadium truck with and os 18. thats jammin looked really nice until it said its for 28's

Do pipes change the sound that comes out or does the engine? I don't like the sound coming out from my car.

Ah okay. I should go get a new pipe.

Pipes will change the sound, but more importantly, they will change the performance curve of the engine itself, and affect the overall performance tune of the engine. It's all in the shape of the divergant and convergant cones, and the length of the header pipe.

Generally bigger pipes have more bottom end, and smaller ones have higher top end.

I like my Fantom works pipe and it sounds as good as it performs. I dont hear much about the Fantom pipes for some reason. I no they dont suck or anything!

I have a fantom on my NXT, Its nice, but i got a few dents in it and it mostly sits on my RC table lol. They didnt have a header that fit mine so I had to use the stock header with the tuned pipe.

Do pipes change the sound that comes out or does the engine? I don't like the sound coming out from my car.
Get an electric car then!!!:whack: lol j/k

is there something that would give me better overall performance from my 18SS outlaw than the stock HPI pipe? If it's a compromise i might want torque because of the gearing.