tuned pipes for trx3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently bought a 3.3 for my tmaxx. With the slipper upgrade it has lots of power.
I have a resonator dual chamber tuned pipe. I've been reading about tuned pipes
And if i drill the stinger out will it give me more power? Or does this only work with
single chamber pipes? Can it be modded in any way? A little more power never hurt
Anyone.lol!!

I drilled mine out before i replaced it. You just have to be careful not to drill it too much or the bit will cut thru the stinger at pipe and damage it. I actually drilled thru the separator inside the pipe as well as drilling the stinger out bigger. I noticed a good bit of difference as far as performance goes but i am running a picco .26. Not the 3.3

i noticed that the older resonater had a larger hole for the stinger,then traxxas made it smaller for whatever reason,and i am quite sure that it is even the same part# with that said i think it is 2 drillbit sizes bigger,you will have to retune after drilling

The internal chamber dont have a hole i can see. Should that hole be smaller. If i make them the same I'm fearing i wont have enough back pressure and i will defeat the purpose of the dual chamber.
Will this be a problem? also what about shortning the stinger.