Tuned aluminum pipe. Worth the money?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathis

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have the Nitro Sport and the exhaust consists of the small metal pipe off the motor that connects to the rubber exhaust pipe then connects to the actual muffler. A what seems to be larger aluminum pipe is offered to replace the smaller stock pipe from the motor and also a tuned aluminum muffler is offered to replace the stock plastic one. I was wondering if these upgrades really add power or are they just nicer looking and a waste of money. Thanks.

A tuned pipe will give you more power and a lot more noise if thats an issue get one with a silencer.If you have a pressure line running to your tank make sure the tune pipe you get has a nipple on it.

if its truly a tuned pipe..then yes, its worth the money. Tuned pipes act as a supercharger on 2 stroke engines. Many of the pipes out there are simply nothing more then a big muffler though really. So if you are gonna invest in a pipe...do some research and find what really works good for people and what doesn't.

+1. on a 2 stroke the pipe is tuned for the engine on high end pipes. With just a straight pipe the 2 stroke would make a lot less power/torque. on a 4 stroke (car) engine the valves are doing the same job as the pipe on the 2 stroke. But, I would leave the pipe the same if your Nitro Sport still has the Trx pro .15 as not much more power can be made with that engine.

Back