Trying to preserve and use my old but good Futaba 3PKS.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariel A.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm extremely new to electric cars. I used to run gas boats but that was like 9 yrs ago. At that time I bought a Futaba Magnum 3PKS which I took very good care of. I dug out the case with my Futaba and I had forgotten to unplug the battery and the last time I used the Futaba was over six yrs. ago. Surprisingly I hit the power button and it started right up reading a full battery, I can't believe it still works. I would like to continue using it, but I don't know if the old receiver work for both gas boat and electric cars. Back then for a receiver I was using a Futaba PCM1024 FP-R113i p. Can I use my old receiver on my new electric cars or is their a replacement I can use with my Futaba 3PKS transmitter???

20220814_143042.jpg

20220814_153518.jpg

you could use that fm radio but why. I remember back when I used fm . everything caused interference had numerus run aways 2.4 ghz stopped those. id look at the flysky radios

If I were building a vintage shelf queen, I'd use that radio in it. As tntpoof said, it is pretty much outdated tech at this point.

You could use it and be just fine. But there is so much better out there for cheap nowadays it would only make sense as a nostalgic install into a vintage car. I loved my old Futaba stuff as well, so I get the desire to use that beautiful radio.

Back