trx 3.3 starting and compression questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stariondriver

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how hard should the 3.3 be to turn over to show decent compression?
or what psi should it read?

my 3.3. all of a sudden just wont start. it fires right up but thats it. went back to factory needle settings and started from there still she wont stay running.

this all started when i put the trx resonator on it. it first it was (i thought) becuase the coupler was not hooked up so the fuel tank wasn't getting pressurized. fixed that and still no go.

any ideas?

Any ideas I am having a problem with it reving out of the blue and dying out on me, whats going on here. My .21 picco ran like crap when I trird a extened air tube. Is it the air flow?HELP!!!

it will idle fine and then rev like crazy and sometines it will idle and die. whats going pn?

So it fires up then dies.. Well you did the right thing by going back to factory settings. But first of all I'm curious.. how easily did it start and stay running before you changed the exhaust?

The eguhaust was on there allready. But she fires up fast now and it wiil usually idel then just start revong like I gave it some throttle. Some times it dies out but not very often

yhea no more cutting out I fattend up the LSN but it is running a bit hot (300). So now I will mess witth the HSN.

Start it and just let it idle. If it still gets hot, you need to richen the LSN some more. Most people don't realize how much of a temp problem they can have because of a lean setting on the LSN.

YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE GURU ON THESE THINS WHATS STOCK? FLUSH ....but your still the man . But its still a bit sludish, And if I lower the HSN it will still run hot. It is 105 degrees here also. One thing it wants to run in rev. and then at times it runs forward.
The guy who had it before said some teeth were missing???? Help 0n that!!!!!!
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59030&highlight=forward+reverse

When it's warmed up, it should give you good punch off the line without being sluggish. Richen it till you're as close as possible to that point, then adjust the HSN. 105 is a tough temp to expect to keep it running cool, especially with a lid on.

What about the tranny situation??? Some give me a price on a FOC.

What about the tranny situation??? Some give me a price on a FOC.

If you are missing teeth in the tranny, I'd imagine that could cause heat problems as well. I got the FOC off of ebay for $25 and the rear brake kit for $15. It's be 95 and humid so my Revo has been acting all sorts of crazy with the tune. I think I'm just waiting until it cools a little to run anymore.

sYhea man, I just want to no witch way the lever in the front left goes when you are in the forward mode?? And this is my first reverse rig and I do not mlike it so far. I put in a hump pack also today but it was already going from forward to rev when ever it wanted. Is there a certain way to put your chrystal in your rx?

I'm not sure about that lever, the first time I pulled mine apart was to put in the FOC and I haven't messed with the crystals either. So I'm a big bag of no help what-so-ever. :hehe:

thats cool, maybe Rolex or someone will chyme in. I eed answers to the tranny lever going front or back.