Trx 2.5r help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obochoman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Trx 2.5r on my nitro ruslter that is almost knew (got it earlier this summer) I did the proper break in prcedure and thought i had a good tune but i fiddled with the hsn and then it was running way to hot (steaming).

The next step I took was to set it back to the factory defalts (hsn 4 turns out, lsn flush with housing). It starts and runs with this tune but It gets way to hot, 350 degrees F with no exaust. I have tried to tune it by the chart in the Nitro forums with no avail. The best I got was it to idle at 230 degrees but when I gave it any gas it would die.

I have checked both the engine and fuel tank and lines for air leaks but everything was sealed (although) I get the occasional air bubble.
Anybody know what is wrong or how I could fix this?

thanks

Last edited:
Did i read this right? You have no exhaust on it?

what % fuel are you running?my revo done the same thing.try 5 turns out hsn flush on lsn.i run sidewinder 30% and do after run maintence.

I have a muffler on it, I was meaning to say there was no exaust or blue smole coming out of the muffler. as for fuel I'm running the traxxas 20% and put in after run oil in the engine after every run.

sounds like it's running lean(hot temps and no smoke trail), turn your HSN in small increments and see if that helps. what kind of a temp gun are you using? do you have air flow holes cut in your lid? also you might check your break set up to see if it's binding or dragging .

Always make sure you have a smoke trail right through the rev range, sounds like its way to lean. You will need to richen both the LSN & HSN to get smoke from low to high revs.
Temp guns are good to check temp just to make sure your not getting to hot but having a smoke trail should be more important. I have never owned a temp gun or used a temp gun & never had an engine die from being to hot. I just go by feel or you can put a bit of spit/saliva on the cooling head, if it sizzles its to hot, if not then it should be right as long as there is a smoke trail.

Thanks all! i got it tuned today after a little fiddling. I sealed up my carb with that liquid gasket stuff and set the tune to factor settings. I had to richen both the Hsn and lsn a small ammount but now its running. I have cut the windshield out of my body but I ran it without the body for ease of tubing (tuned it a little on the cool side to compensate for heat when thhe body is on. I also changed my exhaust pipe from this plastic one i got with the 2.5 adapter kit thing so the 2.5 would fit in the rustler to an aluminum one I had it when it had the trx .15. It might have had somthing to do with the temp outside as it is around 30 degreese.

Back