trraxxas aluminum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxman58

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I heard integy aluminum sucks. went looking saw that traxxas does. good or bad I'm just looking for bulkheads right now.

Traxxas' aluminum is quality. Good fitment and tough. Golden Horizon makes really nice parts too.

Aluminum is good but at the same time is not, aluminum adds strength but sometimes not in your favor for example when you have aluminum a-arms and your bashing and bottoming out it will start to bend and wont bend back into place.

The post was about bulks. Your spot on about arms bending. Not so much from bottoming out but from clipping objects or cart wheeling.

with a little heat you would be suprised on how quick you can bend aluminum back to what it was before...or at least close to it ;)

i was thinking about doing the center of the truck in aluminum and the a arms in rpm

You might also check FLM (Fast Lane Machine) for real quality. RCMall on Ebay is in China but sells good parts at good prices.

i have a fastlane front bulk and i have to say rolex is right. the fit and finish is by far the best i have held in my own hands, as far as model parts go.

I have Golden Horizon bulks, chassis braces, towers, motor mount etc. and RPM skids and RPM arms and that setup works great for me. GH aluminum is good quality and backed with a lifetime warranty. I find that Traxxas aluminum seems to be overpriced, as well as some of the other Traxxas hopups. As far as the very best quality, I would go with FLM for the best....but to have top quality, you will have to pay top price!!;)

Here is a set of ACNCM(front&rear) for $50 shipped.
ACNCM Bulks

Solid, well made out of 6061 aluminum and a good buy too!

those acncm bulks look awesome! they would be heavier than most because there are none of those weight saver cutouts, but that also means the best strength 6061 bulkheads you can get!

I ran those same bulks for a long time and they are VERY tough. My Chassis on my Maxx is ACNCM and is tough....and heavy...lol. I have to Say FLM is also a very good choice though as well as GH. As long as it's not Integy you should be ok.

No one's mentioned it yet but my EEM bulks are holding up quite nice. They have nice ano options and look wicked sweet.

Yes you are correct I have heard EEM bulks are good stuff I have only used crawler stuff from them but it was also great quality.

Lately iv heard the same. that integy's aluminum was poor quality and soft. I personally had a tmaxx about 4 years ago with all integy every thing. i bashed it for along long time, trying to jump on my friends roof and crashing ALOT trying to do so it would hit hard on the concrete from about 10-14 feet every time i failed and actually never had one thing bend or fail. one of the largest jumps i did with it was jumping from my street to my drive way witch was a 15 foot drop alone and after the jump the mid air was probably 20 feet. I landed perfectly on the right portion of the nose and broke my plastic bumper and bent my stock tie rod but every thing else was perfect. 3 years later i parted out my t maxx and the parts are on another t maxx still holding up to this day.

My main advice if you do go full aluminum is lubing the joints of all the parts every time before you drive it.... the reason aluminum parts fail is mainly because when metal on metal has friction .. the joint will sometimes seize and then when you land it cause another part to bend.

i been running new era bulks on my maxx for about a year now...tough as nails, no complaints whatsoever.