Trip to the Hobby Shop!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLATTOP

llama boy
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I take a trip to the hobby shop with one thing in mind, a new mill for my #1 T-Maxx and a set dollar amount to spend. well they didn't have any mills in so I told myself to leave and come back another day, but oooohhhh nnnoooo, I didn't listen to myself. so about 1/2 an hour later I leave with a new glo starter, an aftermarket head for my #2 T-Maxx, a new motorsaver filter and some new glo plugs. I didn't really need any of that stuff but the money was burning a hole in my pocket. LOL

on a side note, I atleast stayed within my set dollar amount to spend LOL

If I had money I would do the same and nice SIG don't every one have problems with them:confused:

Originally posted by Mayhem
If I had money I would do the same and nice SIG don't every one have problems with them:confused:

Yes Mayhem I have issues with them, that's why I came here.

Yeah Matts you are exactly right, it should be a crime to have all that wonderful maxx stuff just sitting behind the counter. it\'s like the hobby shop owner want\'s you to buy all that stuff, oh wait, he does want you to buy all that stuff. now I have it figured out heheh :banana:

The problem you have just described is the number one reason I don't just go casually into my LHS with money in my pocket anymore. I could easily spend $300 or more a trip in my LHS and in fact was doing that for a few months. That got to be way too expensive a habit. Now, I call ahead to make sure they have what I need (which most of the time they do and my call is wasted); then I go and buy it.

I was driving down the freeway the other day and my truck just took the off ramp to the LHS. This happens more than I like. I think my R/Cs and the Ford are in cahoots.

Didn’t need anything but just stopped in to say hi. Well… A new RX for the Maxx 2.5 so I can use my M8, 3 bottles of shock oil, Mulchers and wheels, Foams, RPM shock clips, 2 BB shock shafts, friction pegs, and TI hinge pins. O-yah I also ordered a spare RPM bumper last week for my XXX-NT DA

Well that seems to be the average ticket for a drive by. $300.00

The funny part is when I go for a reason… I don’t spend near as much.

I think they know that. They have a big sign that says:
Stop by any time. Just come in and say Hi.

Last edited:
Skymaxx you have a good point, I think I will try that next time, call before I go. my wife will be alot happier!! :D

I think thats the best part about being into rc's:) I can waik into my LHS and buy stuff for my maxx or plane or boat and most of the time I dont need anything in the first place.

right on Hunter!!! here have a cold one on me :cheers:

Thanks Flattop I think I will:cheers:

Originally posted by FLATTOP
I didn't really need any of that stuff but the money was burning a hole in my pocket.
Story of my life.

Originally posted by FLATTOP
atleast stayed within my set dollar amount to spend
I wish I would only spend what I had intended. I generally head in wanting to only buy one thing and spend a specific dollar amount and leave spending 2 - 3 times what I had wanted to spend.

Originally posted by FastEddy
I was driving down the freeway the other day and my truck just took the off ramp to the LHS. This happens more than I like. I think my R/Cs and the Ford are in cahoots.

Didn’t need anything but just stopped in to say hi. Well… A new RX for the Maxx 2.5 so I can use my M8, 3 bottles of shock oil, Mulchers and wheels, Foams, RPM shock clips, 2 BB shock shafts, friction pegs, and TI hinge pins. O-yah I also ordered a spare RPM bumper last week for my XXX-NT DA

Well that seems to be the average ticket for a drive by. $300.00

The funny part is when I go for a reason… I don’t spend near as much.

I think they know that. They have a big sign that says:
Stop by any time. Just come in and say Hi.

I know this is off topic but what kind of Ford do you have?

Me= 2002 Mustang GT premium package 5 speed Laser tint red.

i spend lots on my trucks.i have over $35,000 in all my rcs

when ever i buy something for my rc i log it in my computer and total is over $35,000 i know you dont want to believe but its true i swear. i log it in every time i buy something

Although it is good to see you on the boards Jason, be prepared to deal with those that doubt your stories. You joined the board today and have 51 posts (impressive), and now a story about having $35000 invested in your RCs at age 15. That is a little hard to swallow, even though I know you come from a wealthy family. You might want to be prepared to post proof, or people here will doubt you as much as people on the TRAXXAS boards did.

yea tofay i went into the new nslhs planning on gettin a gallon of fuel and i come out with a gallon of fuel and 2 new bodies! All those shiny parts and cars. i just can't control myslef. its a good thing I'm poor and can't afford tons of stuff or my house would be a rc mansion! I'm addicted i admit it it. i wonder if they have r/c counseling?:bandit: :p

Originally posted by Jason399
when ever i buy something for my rc i log it in my computer and total is over $35,000 i know you dont want to believe but its true i swear. i log it in every time i buy something

If you log it on your computer then you can prove it right lets see a print out.

yea but then again he could just make up something not trying to make you mad jason but 3500 dollars in how many rcs i dont think that is possible unless you get brand new o.s turbo everyday.

Back