Traxxas TQi Steering EP Adjustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
This is for a TRX-4 with TQi Transmitter. I replaced the stock TRX servo but I don't get full steering lock.

This is a TQI transmitter so I need to learn the secret TQi dance. The first thing I did is reset the current steering EPs​
Menu-Menu-Set-Set-Menu(x4)-Set​
Turn off the vehicle, then transmitter. Then turned the both back on. Next I set the Steer EP.​
Menu-Menu-Set-Set-Menu(x3)-Twist/set-etc-...​
It never seems to keep the full swing of what I set it to. The only time I see the complete throw of the servo (+/-60°) is during the Steering EP setting. After that I'm super limited on the throw, well below what I set as the EP. Since both the stock servo and this one are +/-60° I'm OK with leaving with no limit, but resetting it doesn't seem to help either.​
Edit/Delete Message

replace servo .. traxxas servos go out regularly. id replace with a amazon servo at 1/3 the price..

ok so you replaced servo and now new replaced servo will not hold a turn to the intended 60 degree sweep . replace again with a better servo either you got a lemon or that servo is understrength of advertised specs.are you running a servo saver? if so is it bad could be. if no servo saver add 1 along with a new servo.

No servo saver, just a aluminum horn.

The servo gives me full swing when I'm in the set EP mode on the TQi. Then I press set and then it's limited. So it will go full swing, but something is stopping it when it's in "run" mode versus "programming" mode.

call the Traxxas support and ask them how to reprogram your transmitter they can tell you how to set it up to work with the car that you have. They will talk with you on the phone and I guarantee it's a lot cheaper than a new servo

Different brand servos have different EPA set up. They are not all the same.