Traxxas stock servo 2075

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colocal51

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone else find that the Traxxas stock servo (2075) doesn’t last very long? Mine just failed after exactly 31 days of light bashing. Any tips or suggestions on a replacement and to prevent this from happening again?

any standard servo will work but I like the savox 1271sg. if it's new Traxxas will send you a new one free just call them

The traxxas servo has been known to be a very weak link. Id replace it with a $25 amazon servo at 165oz or torque and a good hd servo saver .metel gear,hd servo saver,,make sure the sweep distance it will travel as in degrees is the same as the traxxas 1 unless you have a radio that can limit endpoints on st channel

I agree with TNT. Servos can be found pretty cheap. Savox has a some really good ones, with metal gears, for around $30 and they come with a glitch buster capacitor. Look for one that has high torque. High speed servos wouldn't help you out as much.

Yep, 2075 is a throw away servo really. I think you can get a metal gear kit for it, but really with the speed/torque of it, your better off just getting a better servo.

Depending on what it's going in, I run a JX 5821LV @6V in my stampede 4x4:
https://www.amazon.com/JX-DC5821LV-Waterproof-Mental-Crawler/dp/B079HZL171

In my ERBEv2 and outcast 6S, I run a hobbystar 4521 @7.2V:
https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/serv...-torque-digital-waterproof-crawler-servo.html

The DC5821LV isn't the fastest, but for the price, it's a very nice servo. I kneejerk purchased 3 or 4 of them as at the time I was running one in a couple trucks as the esc's I had were 6V only. When I upgraded the esc in my outcast 6s and ERBEv2 to a max6, I put the hobbystar 4521 in both of them.

Previously in my outcast, I was running a savox 1210sg, but it died after a year. One of the mosfets on the board cooked. So instead of spending $85 on another one, I decided to try the HS 4521 for half the cost. Haven't had that in my ERBEv2 and outcast for very long yet though. If they make it to next spring, then they will have lasted as long as the savox did.

Back