Traxxas Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgbdwlf2500

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is the .15 the only motor you can buy a new Stampede with? If so, is the 3.3 basically a drop in?

thats all i have ever seen them with. I'm not sure about the 3.3 drop in. I dont think it would but i dont no.

Yes, the 3.3 will drop right into a pede that has a 2.5/2.5r engine. They're configured the same way. A 3.3 would probably be a bit much for a pede.

Would their be space for a 3.3. It seems that it would be a little tight.

I've seen videos on youtube, and the 3.3 looks like it fit right in. That's a good question/point though.

Call Traxxas or call towerhobbies to find out. They both have great customer service and should be able to help you. Just from an experience standpoint, i think the power of a 3.3 in a truck that calls for a .15 could make the drivetrain fail.

Its been out for about 10 years now just like the rustler and maxx. theyve all gotten the upgrades, why did they leave the Pede out? I'm thinking i want one but not with the .15

A Stampede with a 2.5r(.15) rips pretty hard. Ever see a T Maxx with a 2.5? Under powered, but still moves decently. The Stampede is quite a bit lighter than a Maxx and only driven from the rear. I think a 3.3 would make for a hard to control wheelie machine. It would use more fuel and probably go through drivetrain parts faster.

A Stampede with a 2.5r(.15) rips pretty hard. Ever see a T Maxx with a 2.5? Under powered, but still moves decently. The Stampede is quite a bit lighter than a Maxx and only driven from the rear. I think a 3.3 would make for a hard to control wheelie machine. It would use more fuel and probably go through drivetrain parts faster.

The one tower shows on their website is the old school .15... Thats the one i dont want

Your right on that. The pro .15 was the biggest turd I ever had. The one I had ran really well, just lacked serious rpms and torque.

Your right on that. The pro .15 was the biggest turd I ever had. The one I had ran really well, just lacked serious rpms and torque.

Yep, i had bought the Rustler and the Maxx shortly after they came out. Both ran very well but i was new to the nitro scene at the time. I kept it in the Rustler as it was still very fast, i swapped the .15 out for the drop in Megatech and it was a blast. They were just a few of the many many many Traxxas vehicles i had. Only went with the Savage this time to try something new

Back