Traxxas Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Are they wroth buying?

Do they need a ton of money to make them worth driving?

How are they on back/front flipping?

I already have a charger, so I figure a RTR Stampede and two battery packs would do me well to start off.

I was going to get one until I found a steal of a deal on an Emaxx. They did a small write up on one in some RC mag a while back. They spent like 100.00 bux buying stuff like wheels/tires and a 19T motor instead of the stock 20T along with some other stuff on it. The truck was covered in mud once they was through with it.

The Stampede is a tought truck. I owned one and beat the snot outta it and only broke a caster block once. First thing I would do is get the RPM beasring carriers and bearings for it. It makes a huge difference in the longetivity of the bearings in the truck.

The only immediate upgrades that I would suggest are the RPM carriers, bearings, and a metal geared servo (Hitec 645 is great for this truck). I've also added an ESC and a 27T motor to my Pede. It was my first truck and I still love to drive it.

Back