Traxxas Stampede VXL Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, so I think I am going to go electric (I was planning a noob leap into nitro with a t-maxx...but I've changed my mind). The more I read up on tuning nitro engines, the more worried I got.

So the local hobbytown is low on inventory due to their distributors, but they have one Traxxas Stampede VXL Brushless RTR in the box, for $309 I believe, and as I recall it had a charger and battery that came with it. All I'd need are batteries for the transmitter.

I think it was also 4WD. But if its only 2WD and knowing i'm not a serious hobbyist...not a huge deal? I'm not racing or anything so 4WD handling is not a strong point. I'm more after enough power and fun factor.

Sound like a good deal/bashing truck for a noob?

(mods - after I posted in my nitro thread I realized I probably should have put this here...sorry for a double posting, you can close my old thread if you like)

I just picked one up about a month ago. I've been doing RC for a long time, I have a few nitro cars as well, here's my take on the Pede. It's a fun little truck, tons of power on lipos, pretty durable except for the terrible rear body mount. It's only big shortcoming IMHO is handling. It is 2WD which doesn't bother me, but it's way too short of a chassis for this kind of power. Takes a SMOOTH trigger finger to keep the stocker planted offroad. Other than that, I love mine, and ripping 40 + mph wheelies never ceases to amaze people.

Maybe I'm wrong, but 309.00 seems a bit high of a price to me.

A neighbor of mine has that Stampede VXl. It's his first R/C and he likes it, but he does have the problem of control of it on dirt because it is not 4wd. Considering what I have seen him do to it, it's never broke a part yet!

Maybe I'm wrong, but 309.00 seems a bit high of a price to me.

A neighbor of mine has that Stampede VXl. It's his first R/C and he likes it, but he does have the problem of control of it on dirt because it is not 4wd. Considering what I have seen him do to it, it's never broke a part yet!

When you factor in that the Velineon brushles ESC and motor go for around $140 alone, and you get a 7 cell 3000mah pack with it, it's not a bead deal. At least not IMHO.

You can find brushless slash's (2wd) for under $200 alot and Id rather have a slash than a stampede. A NIB Brushless 4wd kick ass slash is only $370, so Id rather spend $61 more and get it over the stampede.

You can find brushless slash's (2wd) for under $200 alot and Id rather have a slash than a stampede. A NIB Brushless 4wd kick ass slash is only $370, so Id rather spend $61 more and get it over the stampede.

Plus if you get the itch to race you are most likely going to find people to race with IMO.

If I had a track anywhere close by, or even thought I might want to race down the road, that's what I'd do if I were the OP. Good point SNG.

lots of useful comments guys. thanks. lunch in 20 mins, when I head to hobbytown. I think they had some Blitz's, not sure on Slash's.

I guess i'll stick to 4WD models.

It is done!

Traxxas Slash 4x4 brushless is mine (TR6808). didn't get any extras today, but earned $20 in coupons. Probably can't play with it til saturday due to work.

It is done!

Traxxas Slash 4x4 brushless is mine (TR6808). didn't get any extras today, but earned $20 in coupons. Probably can't play with it til saturday due to work.

:pics-stfu:

It is done!

Awesome! Enjoy it. I was going to suggest you look at the BL Slash for that money you were quoted on the Stampede.

Back