Traxxas Slayer in person

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insaneatvs

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I went to my LHS today get a couple of things for my T-max and they had a NEW SLAYER sitting on the counter. This thing looks pretty cool, it looks just like the Jato but 4WD and different tires and wheels...I didnt get to see how much they are, the guy there was more interested in the people outside on the track...I wouldnt mind getting one :)

Well it's more like a small revo with smaller tires (same suspension) it's plenty quick for me. Real easy to roll though.

picture.php

T-Maxx is ALOT more forgiving with the steering

So the steering is just like a 1:1 stadium truck. You have to be really good because it rolls with no problem.

So the steering is just like a 1:1 stadium truck. You have to be really good because it rolls with no problem.

I took it out in the desert today. It's REAL dry here. The tiny tires don't get much grip, unless you get it sideways (flip!)
On road it's real quick, but the suspension is too soft for street... Mabey if I put swaybars , it would do better....

If I could do it over I would probably get the Revo... that's just my opinion

The slayer is built for one purpose, and that's scale realistic handling and looks of a Pro 4 truck, so if you're looking for something to perform like a monster truck, it would be wise to go the Revo route instead of going with the slayer.

I went to my LHS today get a couple of things for my T-max and they had a NEW SLAYER sitting on the counter. This thing looks pretty cool, it looks just like the Jato but 4WD and different tires and wheels...I didnt get to see how much they are, the guy there was more interested in the people outside on the track...I wouldnt mind getting one :)

The Slayer is a short armed REVO 2.5.

The Slayer is a short armed REVO 2.5.

It is designed to be run with other Slayers and will not be competitive against stadium trucks like the Jato and Desert Rat or against monster trucks.

Of course that is the fun of it just like the Slash.

Unfortunately, the cost of the Slayer will mean there will not be near as many of them out there like the Slash.

The slayer is built for one purpose, and that's scale realistic handling and looks of a Pro 4 truck, so if you're looking for something to perform like a monster truck, it would be wise to go the Revo route instead of going with the slayer.

A little too late now... But I do have fun with it!