Traxxas slash, rustler, bandit, and stampede driveshaft upgrade!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

area51racer

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've heard a lot of people breaking driveshafts...I have to. So, I went out and bought slash 4x4 rear complete driveshafts, and they fit great! The plastic is much thicker, and I have not snapped any!! They are a direct bolt on, but for the bandit....they have to be trimmed.

Just thought I would share and save everybody money! ( buy these over cvd's ) ;)

sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Have you installed any sort of a locker in the slash? I'm looking to put a locker in a slash and would appreciate any input. A slash 4x4 by the way. I've heard of rigging with epoxy and other materials but would prefer a cleaner approach.

Lockers kill handling and break parts. It'll push bad in turns and send tons of shock through the drivetrain.

Yeah, I'm unfortunately all too familiar with the negatives from a Dodge Power Wagon with a 318 but I've gotta get some more rear traction. The center diff from Traxxas works o.k. in the slash but it can't stand up to 3s for any extended period. For some reason it performed very poorly in my Stampede 4x4 with even 2s. The proportion of torque was never symmetrical. All the torque was either to the front or rear, never even remotely an even division. Nine tooth pinion in stampede, but with thirteen tooth in the slash it worked much better.

When it comes to ANY CVDs on rigs, I reccomend MIP shafts all the way if availible for the truck.

Slash 4x4 drive shafts will work just as good as cvd's, at a way better price

And I'm talking 2wd, to you others who think this is a 4wd subject

Back