Traxxas Slash 2WD skate park bash.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After so many years of saying i would never own a Traxxas, i picked up a used, and somewhat abused and neglected Slash 2WD, and i have to say, i was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. The truck has brass bushings, instead of bearings, its missing the battery hold down, the front end needs some serious attention, but, i decided the only thing i was going to do was swap the ESC for a HW 10BL60 i had laying around and run it the way i picked it up. It came with a cheap 4370KV F540 motor, and the rest is basically stock. Here is the video of me basically beating it some more, and the only thing i broke was a rear hub from a bad landing off a jump. It was roughly 37 degrees F here today, so i am surprised more didnt break on it.

That was a fun bash. That your son with you?

Curious? You going to stay with the brass bushings for bashing? The oilite bushings that came with the Rustler I built twenty years ago still rattle about in the pit box. Every time coming across them, am tempted to put them back in just for grins.

Thanks for posting up the vid. Cheers. 'AC'

I thought the Slash came with ball bearings? My brushed Slash 2wd has ball bearings.

That was a fun bash. That your son with you?

Curious? You going to stay with the brass bushings for bashing? The oilite bushings that came with the Rustler I built twenty years ago still rattle about in the pit box. Every time coming across them, am tempted to put them back in just for grins.

Thanks for posting up the vid. Cheers. 'AC'
I have a pile of plans for this truck, most of which are due to how neglected it is. As for the bushings, my plan is to install aluminum steering blocks and rear hubs with shielded bearings. The bushings are so wore out, every wheel on it is extremely wobbly. i also need to adjust the steering, but, I'm gonna wait until i get the steering blocks, so the front end is tighter.
I thought the Slash came with ball bearings? My brushed Slash 2wd has ball bearings.
I bought it used, and it came with bushings, so who knows. I plan on getting rid of the bushings as soon as the parts arrive, whenever that is.

Back